Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Brayden93
New Contributor
New Contributor

Nbn connection

I cannot get speeds above 2mbps no mater where I go in the house. Older house only containing the old type phone connections. have followed the troubleshooting list already.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Nbn connection

What sort of NBN technology do you have? FTTC? FTTN? Check here:

https://www.nbnco.com.au/connect-home-or-business/check-your-address

I assume you are talking about wifi? Before you get to trouble shooting wifi you need to confirm the speed over wired at the NBN modem. Have you don't that?
Kyri_YC

Hey @Brayden93. It's not great to hear about the NBN troubles you are having.

If you have tried out all the troubleshooting we provide on our help and support page, I recommend getting in touch with our Messenger Team via the My Optus app, as they will be able to investigate your service troubles in further detail for you.    

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Brayden93
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi. I have fttc. Yes I was trying WiFi. I have managed to find an Ethernet cable to hook up a laptop. Did another speed test and it is only 0.7mbps.
0 Kudos
Steven_YC

Hi @Brayden93 - There could be a number of factors affecting your speed at this stage however, 2mbps or lower doesn't seem right and it's something that will need troubleshooting. Can you try our NBN Troubleshooting link here and let me know if this helps?

I know this may sound silly but have you had the chance to turn off your NBN and Optus equipment from the power socket for about 1-2 minutes and allowing it to re-boot?

If you continue to have troubles, it's best we chat after grabbing some details via our Official Facebook or Twitter channels to better assist you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

That's good news. It means that the problem is somewhere between Optus Head Quarters and the Optus modem. When you talk to support (and this is not support btw) tell them you have tested on a wired connection direct to the modem (rules out a lot of other possible issues)

Optus should be able to confirm the speeds are horrible to the modem from their end. They can then organise an NBN tech to come out and analyse the line for problems.
0 Kudos