Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
OwenL
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Nbn connection to home

I have signed up for nbn but cannot connect and seeking advise on next steps.. Following a house visit by a technician I am told I will need a new line from the pit to my home (approx 20m). He said someone from Optus would call me to chat through it. 2 weeks later I receive asking me if I have laid a new cable and if I am ready to connect. To my surprise this is apparently my responsibility, can someone please advise if this is correct ? And if it is who would do this work? I called my electrician and he said he had never heard of such a thing. Any advise appreciated.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DavidYC
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Nbn connection to home

Hey @OwenL, Appologies but we are experiencing a delay in making contact with some customers due to COVID-19. From what you have said it does sound acurate that the cost may be your responsibilty.

I’d really suggest messaging us on Social Media, either Facebook or Twitter. They do have a point of escalation for the following urgent enquiries:

• No Broadband connectivity (no access to the internet) 
  • No Mobile connectivity (can't make or receive calls) 

If you mention that you were sent through by DavidYC they'll be able to help you out. Please note, the team won’t be able to respond right away, but they’ll be with you as soon as they can. 

Alternatively, you can Message us via the My Optus app. You’ll just need to ensure that you select the relevant prompts:

Our main priority right now is to ensure that all of our customers have a working Mobile and Broadband service. 

0 Kudos
OwenL
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Nbn connection to home

Hi, https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/209609 thanks for responding but I have already been on to Optus and am not able to get a clear answer so have resorted to this yes crowd. Would love to understand why I have to arrange a new line as this is not what is detailed on this website below ?

That aside for now, my question also remains on who would i contact to do such work to install a conduit, would obviously need the right type of trade who know that they need to do the correct specs ? I am at a standstill at the moment so really need help. https://www.optus.com.au/broadband-nbn/nbn/install-nbn

0 Kudos