Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Shaner1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Nbn cabling

The first nbn cabling installation team left overhead cables attached to the front of my house awaiting connection within my house; the next team came and found my underground phone line and connected my NBN.
Could someone come and remove the initial overhead cabling please.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
z_hook

Re: Nbn cabling

Hey @Shaner1,

Thanks for raising this!

We can certainly organise this however we will need you to send a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the full address. From there we can help organise a tech to remove the cables. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Pitbull007
Contributor
Contributor

Ring them for this and re-iterate it's no longer needed due to the technical upgrade.

Telstra were trying to leave 20 year untouched cables by saying I'd be charged, as an Optus Customer they will do it free of charge. Regarding Telstra I contacted the NBN Minister's office and they dropped the charges promptly when they got back in touch with me. 

Shaner1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for your advice. I think everyone has plenty of war stories about Telstra, that’s why I’m an Optus customer.

Optus has commented that I should DM them on twitter in the first instance so I’ll give that a go and see what happens. Might see if they can take down their own cable as well as before NBN I was on Optus broadband. 

I’m not gonna mention the damage NBN did to my paving on the nature strip - council (who almost never mow the nature strip lawns) told me I didn’t have permission to lay the pavers (200mm x 1600mm strip) when I attempted to complain . Pavers were to replace the mud patch that trucks made every time they parked on the strip -  narrow street. Still a bit raw as pavers were carefully laid by yours truly and had withstood many trucks for the past 15 yrs. OK, maybe I should just get a life.

0 Kudos