Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Bill95
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Nbn Speed Pack

Hi there,
So I recently just got nbn with Optus and have speed pack 4. I saw that Optus will be removing speed pack 4 on their website and that you have to call them up to get speed pack 4. My question is that since im currently on speed pack 4, will i be moved down to speed pack 3+ or will I stay on speed pack 4?

Cheers Bil
0 Kudos
2 Replies
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Nbn Speed Pack

You, and I, should stay on speed pack 4. Their Speed pack 3+ states:

*Speed Pack 4 until 31 July 2020: Until 31 July 2020, customers who purchase Speed Pack 3+ will initially be on Speed Pack 4 and may experience higher upload speeds. From 1 Aug 2020, customers will be on Speed Pack 3+. Customers can stay on Speed Pack 4 by contacting us, in which case, they will be charged $30/mth from 1 Aug 2020. For more info about nbn speeds, please go to:

So if 3+ have the option to go to 4, then those already on 4 should remain there.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Nbn Speed Pack

So like many RSPs Optus have invented a "3+" speed pack. This has no effect on your download speeds which should remain at 100Mbps. The hit is on upload speeds and most RSPs are sneakily dropping all customers from 40Mbps to 20Mbps. To be fair this is because NBNCo are targeting this move to help out a network that is already struggling (financially and technically)
0 Kudos