Searching...

Nbn Fttc new connection problems

Haydennn

So we moved to a new house. Nbn modem and ncd box arrived on the 24th. Was told that a technician had installed necessary equipment in a local portal thing for the fttc.

Have been on the phone everyday for hours to optus, getting transferred back and forth between departments, always just being told to wait 24-48 hrs. I wait and still no internet connection.

It's been a week tomorrow with no internet/landline and optus support doesn't seem to be very supportive.

Does a technician need to come out and connect this house to something?

Does optus need the details on my new modem? (e.g. Mac address?)

Help please!

- H

Re: Nbn Fttc new connection problems

petergdownload

Optus doesn't need any further information. FTTC just uses the existing phone wire so generally there's nothing to do except plug in the modem. In this case it seems the NBN FTTC is not set up properly. Optus is your liason with the NBN and if they can't resolve the issue with a few tests then they are responsible to get an NBN tech out to check the copper wires in the street.

I would request that be done.

Peter Gillespie

chloesok

Hey @Haydennn, thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to see that you're having issues getting connected! I can certainly appreciate your concerns here and I do apologise for any inconvenience or frustration caused.

If you could please send us a PM with your full name, DOB and account or service number, along with any reference numbers you may have received from the connection, we'd be more than happy to take a closer look into this one from our end and help to provide you with an update here. 

In the mean time, I'll certainly go ahead and pass along your feedback to the relevant teams for review. We do take our customer feedback very seriously and we are always looking for ways to improve services for our customers.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
WorldOfRusty

Hey Hayden,

I'm having a very similar situation now where everything is connected (fttc) but just no internet. Going round in circles with the usual technical turn it off and turn it off again stuff. Would you be able to share your resolution to your issue? Did they send out and tech to fix it? Was it due to something else in your equipment?

Its frustrating because everybody keeps telling me that all checks are passing and that I should just have internet. but I don't.

Please let me know!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
112 Kudos
41 Kudos
31 Kudos
18 Kudos
15 Kudos