Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor bakekang
New Contributor

NBn

NBN has just been activated/connected in our house. But the modem from Optus has not arrived yet. The ADSL modem we have is not working already. So no internet until the NBN modem arrived?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: NBn

What type of NBN service did you get? FTTN/FTTC? If so, most of the Optus ADSL modems provided in the last year are compatible with the NBN, maybe 2 years. You might just need to plug it into your new set up. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor sjay_lee
Occasional Contributor

you can have a look at the bottom side of modem 

if there is NBN something, you can just connect NBN and Optus modem.

or if you're not sure you can live chat they can figure that out 

you need a new modem or not. hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor TimC
Occasional Contributor

I have the same issue, switched over but no modem arrived. It's two weeks overdue.

Managed to get my old one working, but performance is bad, helpdesk said I should use the new one as it would help with speed issues. 

They still cannot find me a modem, have had two sent now but none turned up, but they did manage to send me a Toll bad with the installation instructions for the modem.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator PhilC
RetiredModerator

Hi @TimC, I've responded to your thread here

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor bakekang
New Contributor

thank you for all your messages. problem solved. modem received yesterday, I have installed it. we are now connected to the net

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah, that's great!

Thanks for the update @bakekang.

If any thing else comes up, you know where to find us 🙂 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos