cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

NBN50 upload speed terrible

Have Optus NBN50 plan. Download speed is around 25-30 on daytime and 15-20 on night time. It is bad but still OK for me to use. However the upload speed is really terrible. It is listed that the upload speed is 20Mbps, but I never have upload speed more than 1Mbps, no matter it is daytime or night time. Have contacted Optus multiple times but never gave any solution. Have another 3 months then my contract will complete. Will definitely change to another reliable provider.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: NBN50 upload speed terrible

Hi @KevinShen, sorry to hear about the troubles with your service. This certainly does sound concerning! When you've spoken to our tech team on 131344 or chatted with them live here  have you been provided any fault reference or PR numbers we can investigate? I've also gone ahead and attached some troubleshooting information for your connection here.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

They asked something and told me it was all normal. And every time they told me it is normal that the speed can go down. The problem has lasted for around 20 months and I never got any solution. I have given up and just wait until my 2 years contract end then I can change to a better service provider.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

We can raise a fault ticket for our Case Management team to investigate. Given that you're on NBN you may encounter the same issues regardless of ISP but if necessary we can request an NBN technician investigate further.

Please feel free to send me a private message with the below information so I can check this for you.

Full Name:
DOB:
Account Number:
Are You The Primary Account Holder: Yes/No

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

It has been so long till now and no contact from optus. Still have terrible speed. I do not think I can trust optus anymore.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@KevinShen, I've checked out your interaction history.

One of our moderators had promised to organise a call back. That was several weeks back.

You never heard back after the conversation you had with us?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Someone sent me a private message saying he/she will give me a call or send me an email. But till now, no call , no email. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @KevinShen, I've just sent through a private message.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I've only been on Optus NBN 50 Mbps plan for half a day and the best speed trying with half a dozen speed testers max download has been 29 Mbps and upload 4 mbps.

Definitely not the speeds that I am paying for, and that is with FTTC

Like so many here on this Forum I am just waiting for my 2 years up and I'm outa here.

What is the crowd's favourite or best speed tester here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Ah, it's not great to hear about the issues you've been having here, @helmie. If you could please send us a PM with some speed test results using our official testing site here, along with your full name, DOB and account or service number, we'd be happy to take a closer look into this from our end for you to ensure that the service is provisioned correctly on our end. 

In the interim, I'd recommend checking our Network Status page to ensure there are no identified faults or planned works that could be affecting your services. Alternatively, you can chat to our Tech Support team directly and in real time here

0 Kudos