Searching...
ZacharyW117

Hey,

I was wondering how long it takes for an nbn order to be confirmed. I sent an order in on the 22nd and still haven't recived a reply.

Thanks in advance,

Zach

Solution

Re: NBN

Jeneral__Pain

It depends if there are any complexities in processing it.

I would follow up with Sales Support if you haven't heard anything.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

Why should feedback depend on if there are any complexities processing an order? 

Why should the onus be on customers to chase up answers after placing an order? 

Optus has taken all the details of a prospective customer. Email. Phone. Address. DOB.

If there's an issue then that should be relayed. If its all on schedule then that should be relayed.

How does a company that is literally built on the concept of communication seem unable to communicate?

Here's what an Optus Managing Director Rohan Ganeson had to say in 2017:

"We have also implemented a system that allows us to see every Optus nbn™ order in flight so we can track and trace your order in the system; this will give us and you more transparency about the status of your order so you know exactly when you can expect its arrival and installation"

Is anyone using this system? 

Peter Gillespie

Dan_C

What type of order number did you receive?

Depending on how the order was placed, there's a few different types.

For those who place an order online, they'll receive a temporary order reference number (with the prefix T or OP)

If you've placed the order in-store, over the phone or via Chat (you'll have received a 7-digit confirmed order number)

There's also non-standard orders (order that require any additional manual work) 

In any case, once the order has been processed, you'll receive an email or SMS confirmation with your NBN appointment date.

It's worth contacting us on Live Chat

Personal → Home phone, Broadband & NBN → Track my order

If you run into any issues, give us a shout @ZacharyW117

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Tera

I placed an order the same day, recieved a confirmation email with the order number but guess what!! On checking the status of the order today(1/2/2019) using the optus tracking facility, I disciver the order is not in yhe system. LOL hopefully not indicative of OPTUS NBN Service Levels to come??

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

G'day @Tera

What did the Tracking Reference look like?

If it's a T or OP reference number, that's not traceable reference number.

That'd be your Temporary order reference number that you're given prior to the processing of your order.

If at any stage, you’d like us to take a look. Please let us know. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

WHU

I placed my order in an Optus shop on 16/01/2019 and have had no contact from Optus. I went back to the shop after a week and was told that they are a week behind with their orders. I then contacted live chat and was told it would take 4 working days to process so I should get notification that day or the next.

I signed an application form and I don't know if that is binding because if it is not I will probably cancel and go with a company that knows what they are doing.

Tera

G'day Dan,

I was provided an 8 digit reference number. 

I called the 13 number provided by OPTUS and after being placed on hold for about 30 minutes, the Optus operator managed to track down the order. All going well I should be NBN connected by the end of next week

Yes Crowd platform updates appear to have caused some grief today. Appart from the tracking system not having visibility of my order, Chat Session operators were to busy to chat, and, I couldn't even lodge a complaint online. A bad day at OPTUS today?? 

My issue is resolved for now

PS I can recomend some good IT and Operations managers if needed

Rgds

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
90 Kudos
54 Kudos
27 Kudos
20 Kudos
19 Kudos