Searching...
Highlighted
nawaddddd

I   have had the NBN since October 2017, and I am so dissapointed! 

Everytime I call up, there is no resolution. 

There are always dropouts, slow speeds (despite paying for an additional speed pack) and no help from the Optus Team!

Has anyone had any luck in fixing this problem?

HELP!!!

Re: NBN :(

SamSam

mmmm doesn't sound good.

We'll need a bit more specific info to help you with this though.

The slow speeds you mentioned, you said always but has it always happened at the same time of day (as in evenings) or just constantly slow?

How are you connected to the modem? WiFi or lan cable? 

I'm sure you've probably been asked to reset your modem 1000 times now but what other troubleshooting have they asked you to do and did anything help even a little bit? 

How are you measuring the slow speeds? 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

I assume you are on FTTN (Copper?) What postcode are you?

What speeds are you getting (run some speed tests)

Is the issue constant slow speeds or do the speeds drop in peak hour (7pm-11pm)?

Has Optus told you what the highest rated speed your line can get? 

Are you connected via wifi to your modem or cable?

How often are the dropouts? Once a day? Has Optus offered to replace your modem.

Have you had a technician out to test the line?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

@SamSam (snap)

nawaddddd

Hey there,

To answer your questions:

I assume you are on FTTN (Copper?) What postcode are you?

My Post Cose is 3058

What speeds are you getting (run some speed tests)

Speeds vary between 10 and 30

Is the issue constant slow speeds or do the speeds drop in peak hour (7pm-11pm)?

All day slow speeds, drop outs in the morning and afternoon

Has Optus told you what the highest rated speed your line can get?

80-90

Are you connected via wifi to your modem or cable?

Wifi on laptops, cable on desktop computer

How often are the dropouts? Once a day? Has Optus offered to replace your modem.

Optus havent offered anything 

Have you had a technician out to test the line?

I have asked repeatedly, and Optus has either said no, or they need to run more tests

Its been a horrible experience for me and my family, the optus consultants have not helped at all!

nawaddddd

Hi there,

I have reset my modem numerous times, both the NBN and Optus modems. 

The internet is so slow throughout the day and drops out in the mornings and afteroon!

I keep asking for a technician to come out, but all the Optus Consultants tell me is that they need to run more tests.

They promise a call back, but i never get it!

Dan_C

That's Coburg/Coburg North VIC @nawaddddd?

I've checked NBNs roll out map and I'm prompted with a planned serviceability date of April -June 2018 - Fibre to the curb.

I'm going to need you to send through your complete address. Based on the description you've provided, it sounds like a Fibre to the Premises service (you've mentioned an NBN box and Optus router). You've also mentioned that we've got you on speed pack 4 (Maximum off peak speed - 93Mbps Down, 37Mbps Up).

Had we ever advised of a Network capacity issue in the area?

I need your full name, DOB and account number. Follow the URL below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

petergdownload

I'm just a few 1000m south of you Smiley Happy

You guys got a mix of technologies (but as Dan says its likely FTTC?) We can confirm if you provide a street name (no number needed)

That should easily hit 100Mbps at some points in the days and if its not getting above 30 then either the speed pack isn't applied (Optus internals sometimes report they're active when they are not) or there's a problem with your line or equipment. 

I believe Optus should be able to test your line pretty much on the spot. Failing that a technician should have been sent out by now IMO. 

Good news is your issue should be fixable, hopefully Dan can sort it out for you (the mods on this forum are pretty good at resolving issues.)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Dan_C

Exactly what @petergdownload has advised!

If you do decide to shoot through a message, shout out here @nawaddddd and I'll get back to you over PM. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
103 Kudos
36 Kudos
31 Kudos
14 Kudos
13 Kudos