Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
rambleon
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN wifi dropping out on mobile phone

we have optus NBN  speeds seem to be good. for the last week the wifi drops out on my samsung s7 mobile. every 2 mins or hangs on for a 30 hr then drops. have to go into my connection settings to reconnect. internet is fine on the fetch box and sons mobile. have reset modem turned my phone off and on  hasnt helped.  rang optus they have checked their end. optus blaming  my phone. anyway went to a friends place 10 mins away he is with telstra for NBN. i had my mobile internet connected to his wifi not once did the wifi drop  out. ues different  carrier. what then is the issue. its getting annoying. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: NBN wifi dropping out on mobile phone

Hi @rambleon - do you have any other devices connected to the modem via WiFi? Are they working fine? If so, then it may be something to do with the handset. 
Did our techs provide you with any fault reference numbers? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
rambleon
New Contributor
New Contributor

hi  thanks for getting back to me .yes there are other devices connected they are working fine. no was not given a fault reference number. i went into the connection  settings on my mobile after looking at youtube for answers to my problem and turned off the setting "nearby device scanning" the wifi has stayed connected all day. hopefully i have found the answer. 

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

It seems to be a common topic on Android forums. Hopefully you've found a permanent fix! 

I'd also check to see whether you have any outstanding Software updates. Android 8.0 rolled out roughly 3-4 weeks back. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos