cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Raramouse
Occasional Contributor

NBN weak

For near 6 weeks our Wi-Fi has been struggling to connect to 1 device, and has little mbs sometimes nil. My partner holds the account which is unlimited yet he had to pay >$40 excess on his mobile phone bill due to data use. This is ridiculous. Meanwhile I am lucky if I can connect. This occurs every day at all times.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: NBN weak

You either get a new modem/router or add a better one into the system, and turn the Optus one off.

There is a list of NBN compatible modems you can buy yourself.

Occasional Contributor

Really?

I have to purchase a modem myself? This is silly. It worked ok until recently

0 Kudos
Moderator Shauna

Hi @Raramouse - I've just replied to your other thread. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Just to clarify this has nothing to do with the NBN. That appears to be working 100% This is just a faulty modem. Optus should replace that for you free of charge on request (and they're legally obligated to)

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

have you tried the good old "modem reset"?

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Yeah I was worried it may be faulty.

Issue was sorted 2 weeks ago thru support chat explaining to change the channel settings in Wi-Fi account. But this week back to problematic connection and a speed test app unable to measure speed...

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Yes ofc

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

Oh no, 

Are there many other wifi networks in your neighbourhood, if yes then try different WiFi channels. Maybe consider a different modem on the 5ghz range for more channels and less interference. How many devices do you have on your WiFi network? Connect as many devices as possible on the wire network to free up bandwidth for WiFi only devices. 

With the weak WiFi is it in all devices? Have you updated any WiFi driver lately? Sometime a new device driver could cause the issue. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors