Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
rac-00p
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

NBN upgrade

Hi all,

anyone know about the NBN upgrade.  I'm currently on FTTN and I'm the furthest house from the node - resulting in pretty poor internet quality.

NBNCo was in my street pulling new fibre a few weeks back, looks like we'll be part of the upgrade.  Any idea how i can find out when the upgrade will be available?

Cheers

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jack_YC

Re: NBN upgrade

Hi there @rac-00p, I recommend searching your address on the nbn website. That will provide you with some more info on the nbn infrastructure in your area. 

If you do have any questions regarding your specific connection, please send us a message via the My Optus App or our Messaging page. We would then be able to check this out for you from there. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@rac-00pYou are best to do your own investigation as to the cost and availability as you will get the same answer that Optus has given you above if you contact them via the phone or social media...... Or in other words NO answer.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Exciting. You will definitely be contacted (keep an eye on the letterbox) as the whole point of the upgrade is to offer it to you for no cost so long as you are willing to go up at least one level in your current plan speed (So if you are on 50Mbps then you'll need to sign up to 100Mbps for 2 or 3 years)

I don't think there's any timetable provided by NBNCo on these upgrades other than it should be done over the next 12 months. It'll be ready when its ready 🐵
0 Kudos