Searching...

NBN update

Nemsmum

The area I live in is currently changing to NBN. My home plan (phone and Internet) doesn't finish till the end of August. If I change to a NBN plan will I be penalised for changing plans?

Re: NBN update

Dan_C

Hi there @Nemsmum Smiley Happy Exciting to hear that NBN is on its way to your area.

We definitely won't penalise you for making switch mid-contract. Usually, we'll send out some form of correspondence before the rollout has been completed. Had you any direct marketing correspondence which explains the switch over process? 

We'll need you to speak with our NBN migration team → 1800083810 (Mon to Fri 12pm to 9pm EST & Sat and Sun 9am to 6pm EST).

We'll ensure that your username, landline number and contract is correctly transferred over to the NBN.

We may ask if you'd like to recontract onto one of our current in-market rate plans. You can check out what we're offering here .

If any questions come up, you're welcome to reach out to us here Smiley Happy 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Nemsmum

Thank you for your reply. I did phone the 1800 number and was told even though I am already a Optus customer

I would have to either sign up for another 2 year contract or pay a $200 setup fee to go to NBN. .I explained to the young lady that because of health problems I didn't want to sign to a 2 year contract and I thought considering I'm already an Optus customer the setup fee was a bit much. I also explained to her that from another telco I have been offered 1. No connection fee, 2 No activation fee and 3 a free modem, admittedly it was a 12 month contract but it did seem a better deal than my own telco was offering. She went off to speak to someone higher up about it, 10 minutes later (and my phone bill climbing higher) she still hadn't come back to me, I gave up and hung up. Still confused as to who I should choose for my NBN. End of rant

numsmum.😖

Dan_C

Really? You were told that the $200.00 start-up fee would apply? That doesn't sound right Smiley Frustrated

The start-up fee only applies to brand-new Optus broadband customers. Depending on the NBN technology type that's been rolled out, you might be asked to pay a $300.00 new line install fee. 

You can sign up to NBN on a month by month basis. The cost is the same regardless of whether you opt for a contract. If you have an eligible post-paid mobile service, we're also offering $10.00 off your broadband plan. 

1. No connection fee, 2 No activation fee and 3 a free modem

We should be able to match that offer. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Nemsmum

Thank you to all that replied to my question as to NBN fees etc. I have received no correspondence from Optus but lots from other telcos. As said previously I did ring the 1800 number and was told I would have to pay a $200 fees or take out another 2 year contract especially when others ar offering better. I am not happy with either of these options. I would prefer to stay with Optus but I cannot pay an extra $200 and for medical reasons I do not want another contract. Once again thanks for all the replies and hopefully I will come to a decision soon.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
105 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos