cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor DomainBG
Contributor

Re: NBN speeds getting worse - unable to stream Netflix as well on 25MBPS NBN as old ADSL @ 2.5MBPS

This just keeps getting better! Optus now advise in a private message (of course) that I can not have a copy of the sound recording of my conversation with their operator as they will not release it without a subpoena. What ar ethey hiding? The fact that they have lied to me, that's what. It seems to be their standard modus operandi, deceive the customers for the better profit line.
0 Kudos
Contributor DomainBG
Contributor

Re: NBN speeds getting worse - unable to stream Netflix as well on 25MBPS NBN as old ADSL @ 2.5MBPS

Our problem has been solved after 6 months of continual drop outs and snail pace speeds regularly during day and night, necessitating modem restarts several times a day. The service was extremely unstable with speed test graphs looking like saw tooths at times, other times no results! Optus had now supplied us two replacement modems in that time and neither made a difference. Finally it was thrown back on to us with that old chestnut "It is your internal wiring". We were on the verge of paying several hundred dollars to have the wiring renewed when Optus contacted us two days ago with an option of leaving our contact a year early (ACCC/NBN deal). Discussed it with my business partner yesterday, quickly contacted Aussie Broadband and signed up with them late yesterday on a faster plan for less money. The changeover occurred overnight. I must report that in the first 4 hours of the new service the results are amazing. Every speed test has given consistently fast speeds with effectively flat graphs. Clicking on a link has immediate results, not a 5 to 10 second lag that we were used to experiencing. Customer service has been second to none. I would really like to know the real truth behind Optus providing such a poor service - we are connected using the same Optus modem, the same internal wiring, the same copper to the node, and fibre to the same exchange. Service has gone from unreliable, intermittent, wildly fluctuating speeds, laggy, and at times totally unusable to "smooth as silk". Therefore we announce solution found... change provider.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor not-really
New Contributor

Good for you!

We had similar speed problems (FW - via a different ISP) and our resolution was to 'upgrade' to ADSL.

Our peak evening speeds are now 5+ times what NBN FW ever provided in 6 months.

besides - our plan cost went down as a result of ADSL vs NBN costs.

Enjoy the internet, for a change!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors