Searching...

NBN speed

OMS2111

I am getting only about 6mbs down speed on my 30/5 package......Optus admits having a bandwidth problem in my area of Johnston, NT, 0832.

Anybody else having speed problems in Johnston?

Highlighted

Re: NBN speed

TommyB

OMS2111,

Join the ranks of p'd-off NBN customers with Optus!  I feel your pain.  I'm on a 100/40 plan and right now in Glen Waverley Victoria my speed is down to 3Mbps!  

In my case a senior technician has confirmed that the problem is CONGESTION caused by Optus not having enough bandwidth to service all their customers in my area...in other words Optus is still selling their speed packs, etc... in my area knowing, full-well, that they have not got sufficient bandwidth to cope the demand on the network in the evenings.  What's the bet that's happening to you as well!  Mate...start complaining.  Lodge a complaint with the TIO here: https://www.tio.com.au/making-a-complaint

Optus needs to be made to understand that they cannot continue on selling these packs and thinking people will tolerate the congestion and lump it.  They MUST fix the bandwidth issues.

OMS2111

Yes Tommy, these telcos are getting away with murder!! They keep on selling a product that they can not supply! I am leaving Optus at the end of the month when my contract expires.

TommyB

I'm thinking of doing the same thing.  Good luck.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
104 Kudos
37 Kudos
30 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos