Occasional Contributor ChenFamily
Occasional Contributor

NBN router/modem Sagemcom Fast 5366 TN cannot connect to my projector

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Occasional Contributor

Re: NBN router/modem Sagemcom Fast 5366 TN cannot connect to my projector

Sorry, first time in the forum. Not familiar with the system and I just typed the topic without the content. Here it is:

We transferred to NBN in this July and got a Sagemcom F@ST 3864V3 HP Modem. Used couple months and the internet dropped frequently and cannot stand it. So, called Optus and a new Modem NBN router/modem Sagemcom Fast 5366 TN was installed  aboutthree weeks ago. The internet is very stable now with the new Modem. However, just found out  couple days ago that my projector cannot be connected to the modem anymore. Tried N times and contacted Optus and could not solve the problem. The projector worked with the old Sagemcom F@ST 3864V3 HP Modem. In fact, the projector can still work now if connected using the hotspot via my iphone. But, just cannot connect to the Sagemcom Fast 5366 TN modem. Appreciate any suggestion.

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

can your projector see the new wifi network from the 5366? go into the wifi setting and connect to the new wifi. Also, check that the IP address is dynamic on the projector

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the reply. 

Yes, the projector can see the new Wifi network from the 5366. I entered the Wifi password, but the projector just cannot connect to 5366. I not quite understand "Also, check that the IP address is dynamic on the projector" as I cannot find the locaiton in the projector which allow me set the IP address to be dynamic. Normally, I leave the network setting to auto in the projector. So, I just need to enter the password to connect to the Wifi. The projector does have a manual selection for Wifi connection. However, then, an IPV4 address, subnet mark, default gateway and DNS service address need to be entered. I had several tries based on the information in my 192.168.0.1 with no success.

I had a try using my iphone hotspot after I post the question here today, the projector worked with my iphone hotspot.

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

What you are doing is correct with leaving the wifi setting to Auto. What is the model of your projector, is it an Australian model? It might have a different wifi channels if it is from oversea. Delete all the saved networks on the projector and try to connect to the 5366 again.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

The projector was from China: Xiaomi Mijia Mini Projector Mount Projection 1080P 500 ANSI Lumens MIUI TV HDR10. The Wifi connection of the projector recognise all the surrounding Wifi networks just as a computer. I have delete all the networks (then, it automatically recognised and came back). I then entered the network password for 5366, it still does not work. I found that there is another person in this NBN forum said his wireless VCR cannot connect with the 5366 after he shifted to NBN. It may mean that there is something changed with 5366.  We have a Google Chromecast which may have the same problem which I need further check.

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

the passphase for the 5366 is it longer than the 3866 and your phone's hotspot? If it is then try a shorter passphase and see if that works. Can your mobile connects to the 5366 wifi ? I've tried with with my chromecast 2,3 & ultra and they all works fine with the 5366. See if you can connect your chromecast to it, if not then there could be another issue. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Yes, we have several iphones and ipads connect to the 5366 with no problem.

The passphases for the 5366 and the 3866 have the same length. They are a bit longer than my iphone hotspot passphase. Will try to shorten the passphase to see whether it can work.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

After you enter the passphrase, do you get any sort of error message? Does it get passed the "obtain IP address" part?

The error logs on the 5366 might give clues as to why its failing. The logs are found in the maintenance tab.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

The projector does not give an error message. It flicks and looks like it try to connect, but cannot.

I looked at the logs in 5366. It does not have items for the projector.

The projector can appear in the 5366 My gateway some time, especially with the 5GHz one. Although both My gateway and the projector can recognize each other, the projector just cannot connect to the 5366 modem.

I had a try by connecting the 3864 with 5366 via the LAN port of 5366. Then, the projector can connect with 3864 and it worked. The issue is that the Wifi network became a bit mixed up. The 5366 2.4GHz may not work while 3864 2.4 GHz works etc. Anyway, it can be a solution if I desperate, although really not preferred solution.

Thank you very much for your help. Really appreciate.

0 Kudos