Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Saz90
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN problems

For a week and a half now, my NBN has been dropping out, I cant game or watch a movie on Netflix. Ive been in contact with optus throughout and they reckon its my modem. Ive noticed it started happening when the 5GHz channel went missing and still is. It isnt showing up on any device, Ive mention that but they said they'll try the new modem first. Which was suppise to arrive yesterday but still no show. Its kinda getting stupid after speaking to so many optus people and no one seems to be able to help me. I'm ready to cancel it and go to a different provider so j can actually use the NBN that Im paying for.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: NBN problems

It sounds like the wifi of the modem is turned off or broken. Try plugging a device directly in the modem (i.e. by a cat5 cable) and see if you can get a stream.

If you have the little NBN modem box or are FTTP try plugging a pc directly into that and bypassing the optus modem all together. You may get NBNCo direct that way.

But otherwise its unlikely anyone can help until you get the replacement modem. 

0 Kudos
Saz90
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have done all of that, I did all the troubleshooting etc, even used a friends modem but its still drops out, I've explained all this to Optus but they kept saying wait for thr new modem. We dont have normal tv at mine as the port is broken so rely kn netflix and stan etc but we've cant watch a tv show without it saying disconnected to the internet every 5 to 20 mins
0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

All deliveries from Optus are currently on hold due to problems with the logistics company they use.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Given the supply hold up, If you've got a connection using another modem and it is that unstable then tell Optus CS you want a NBN fault lodged and someone booked to check the line.

You do open yourself up to a site visit charge $150? if the NBN finds no issue on the line. Otherwise you'll just need to wait.