Searching...

NBN pre installation issues

Motan08

Wondering if anyone faced this situation or I am the lucky one. So finally after 3 years NBN is available on my street, not FTTC but FTTN. Anyways something better than nothing..LOL. Called Optus and arranged for Installation today. Received the Kit yesterday so till now all exciting. The guy came spent less than 5 mins and advised he cannot find the other end of the Conduit joining the copper line to my house and some other technical jargan about pit having asbestos and he cannot drill it etc etc and has to be approved by NBN, so i asked who is he OPTUS or NBN, he said NBN. I am confused, NBN sent the guy to complete the installation which requires some work and the guy is waiting for NBN to approve!!! What am I missing here?. I called OPTUS and the girl was literally sounding like a ROBOT, you ask something and a standard response that I have to arrange a technician to complete the internal shortfall of the wiring, hello there is no shortfall, wire is right there hanging in plain eyesight..I wonder what I am dealing here, any inputs suggestions are welcome. Thanks 

Re: NBN pre installation issues

Jeneral__Pain

What the NBN technician has said is correct, if the conduit or cabling is damaged, it's up to NBN to remediate it. As to when they will do that, is anyone's guess. Because the conduit has asbestos, the laws around asbestos are extremely strict for health reasons.

The only thing Optus can do, is raise a SERVICE REQUEST to NBNCo to ask them when they will remediate the connection.

Can I ask, what kind of Optus connection do you have now? 

Did you ever have a Telstra copper connection (for DSL, even naked DSL) at any stage?

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

Re: NBN pre installation issues

Motan08

Thanks for your comments. So far nothing, just at the mercy of NBN and OPTUS. I have never had a ADSL connection because Optus and everyone else could not give connection due to distance from Exchange. Now I thought NBN would solve the issue and another road block. I wonder these companies keep bragging about they put customer first and when it actually comes to deliver something, they suck. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
104 Kudos
36 Kudos
31 Kudos
14 Kudos
13 Kudos