Searching...

NBN order problem

gekster

I am transitioning from my old Optus cable to NBN. Last week I contacted Optus via chat and went through the process of putting in a new NBN order. I was given an order number and told I would be contacted within 3 business days. After receiving nothing I visited a store on Saturday, and they said the could not find my order in the system. OK, so let's put in another one.

I still haven't received any email notification so I checked today and could not find either the new or old order through the Track My Order app. I got onto chat again. They couldn't find it either

I'm going to chase this up further at my local store but before I do I was wondering if anyone could suggest why I am experiencing this problem. Is this normal? The people in the store said no, I should receive email confirmation very quickly once the order is in and it should appear under Track My Order, but I'm wondering if there is actually a delay for some sort of manual processing. Should I be patient or chase this up immediately? 

Re: NBN order problem

Dan_C

Good afternoon @gekster, happy to try and help out with this one.

It could depend on how the order was placed. Did you receive an 8-digit order number, or temporary order reference beginning with T? There’s usually a small gap between when the order was placed and when it’ll become traceable.

When it comes to NBN, there is a bit of manually handling involved. You’re welcome to send your details through to us → http://yesopt.us/pmdan

We’ll see what we can find.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

gekster

All I received on both occasions was a 6 digit entry reference number starting with 05.

Dan_C

Hmm, okay, 

Send your details through, we'll take a look Smiley Happy 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

zhaowarm12

same issue here. Put on the order on 14th Jan, given temporary order number. nil communication at all, no email for confirmation, after a week. Had to check with optus chat online, said the order didn't go through. Then had to put in another order, nil communication after 3 days, spoken on the phone with optus, said all in the process, "you will get confirmation email'. But guess what, nil contact from then. Then after 5 days, when check online, been told the second order didn't go through. But promised to follow up, and will give answer in 3 days. Nil response.. Overall very disappointing with optus, been optus customer for 10 years.

Looking to change to different service provider.

ThomasT

Same here, existing customer with adsl & mobile, placed an NBN order 13 days ago and no response from optus. had chased and they promised will get a response quickly still no response.  extremely poor service from Optus. quite disappointed with optus service. not happy with optus. interesting fact is that there is no contact number to talk to the customer service to find out the order status. they have number for sales. extremely poor service and unhappy customer

[ Edited ]
gekster

Yes, well, they have some real problems with their ordering system it appears.

The good news is that after a month or two everything got sorted out for me and I am now very happy with the NBN. Patience and persistence is advised.

Ruthzie

I made my order through live chat last week and i was told im going to receive a confirmation email 24 hours after the order has been placed. I haven't received any email yet so i contacted them again yesterday. I was told the order hasn't been reflected into their system yet and suggested to contact them again after 24 hours. I've been trying to connect into the live chat today but it seems that they are offline. Now, im reading all the comments here and im thinking to switch to another provider. I guess i could still cancel the order as i haven't received any email yet. I live in a remote area and i badly need the internet as soon as possible. 

Kitiara

I have the same issue. Ordered an upgrade to my ADSL to NBN on 28/2 and received no confirmation email or any follow ups. Contacted again via live chat 5 or 6 days later and received confirmation the order was in the system, and that I would not be contacted until there was an available technician slot to make a booking. I pointed out that I expected at least an email confirmation of the plan I had agreed on etc and thought that it should be standard practice that this should be provided and was told that  "the feedback would be passed on"

I still have not heard anything, and to add insult to injury I was at my boyfriends place yesterday and he was cold called to upgrade his cable connection to NBN and made a connection booking on the same day! How can new orders get bookings when existing orders are ignored? It can't be an area thing, we live in adjoining suburbs so less than 10 mins drive between the 2 houses.

Kitiara

Well another fruitless online chat experience last night. ws told to wait another 3 days and the consultant could answer none of my questions. Mysteriously, when I tried to push for answers my internet connection which had been stable for months became unstable and eventually lost the chat (modem kept disconnecting). Was rock solid again immediately afterwards.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
101 Kudos
63 Kudos
25 Kudos
24 Kudos
18 Kudos