Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
AndyVXI
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN offline and no support options

Our NBN has been offline since 6:30 pm last evening. 

Network status shows no faults in the area. 

NTD shows red for fibre and reset achieves nothing. 

How can a non account holder get some support for this if the account holder is unavailable? 

Can't proceed past prompts for phone support without phone or account number, and Live Chat similarly unhelpful.

Please help. Thanks. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
SamSam
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: NBN offline and no support options

I'm pretty sure the account holder needs to be involved for security and privacy reasons. You might be able to lodge a fault but you'd need to get through to tech support, just enter any number when they ask you for a phone number and see what happens

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: NBN offline and no support options

Hey @AndyVXI,

I hope that you've been able to successfully log a fault since creating this thread. Non-account holders can actually log a fault with us. This can be done over the phone via → 131344 or Live Chat → http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat. The phone number/username or address should be sufficient enough for our consultants to find the corresponding account.

We also have a Network status page→ http://yesopt.us/networkstatus that'll let you know of any live outages or planned maintenance in your area.  Shout out if you still need a hand! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos