Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
alisondunn3
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN not working

The electricity to the Modem and NBN device went off for 5 seconds yesterday afternoon. We have had no internet ever since 2pm yesterday since this occurred. I have reset the device several times, have turned the modem off and on several times. Still not working. I have contacted Optus through the app. They could not help me. I was sent a text saying someone would call me...no one has called...I have been on hold now to Optus for an hour. I am in Wynnum 4178. This is extremely frustrating!!!
0 Kudos
9 Replies
dymarz
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: NBN not working

The same problem here. No internet for the last three days. I have tried any suggested troubleshooting but no result. I cannot contact Optus either since the always put me on hold. Very frustrating! 

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi alisondunn3,

Please see our service status page. Click on the Fixed Outages tickbox and enter Wynnum. You'll then see there is a known fault that is being worked on to be restored. You can click on the Report your fault here link to receive updates.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
dymarz
New Contributor
New Contributor

No service outage in Wilson 6107 though. Why is my internet still not working?

0 Kudos
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@dymarz 

If you are on the NBN you can also check here https://www.nbnco.com.au/support/network-status 
for reported outages.

If you have tried restarting you Modem, NBN equipment  etc,  you will need to contact Optus Directly If you call the 133937 number ignore the first prompt to push 1 and wait for the options or if you have the my Optus App message the Support team or if you have a Facebook or Instagram account you can also message Optus Support. 

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

What type of internet do you have, dymarz?

Please let us know what troubleshooting have you done? Please try these broadband troubleshooting steps.

Just a heads up as per the red advisory message on the right when you posted your question that we don't have access to or visibility of customer accounts here on our public forum.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@alisondunn3 

I just checked the Optus Outage Page and there is a reported NBN fault for your Suburb. 

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
dymarz
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Ray_YC,
I have tried resetting the modem several times, unplugging the power cord several time, and checking all the conneting cables.
I thing it is the fibre to the node nbn service.
I cannot access my optus app because it says there is no active services in my acccount at this time.
I have tried to call Optus through some available numbers but could not go through.
Do you have Optus email address that can be contacted, please?
0 Kudos
dymarz
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have checked it too but it seems that it's not in Wilson. Besides, the internet has been down for three days
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

No e-mail address in operation I'm afraid.

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details mentioning you're unable to use the My Optus app.

0 Kudos