cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor tippo
New Contributor

NBN - no internet service

Anyone else experience a problem with their NBN set up?

After a lot of drama trying to get internet connected to a unit that I have recently moved in to, we FINALLY had service working (mind you, this is after my initial order was cancelled without telling me, and we ended up getting 2 different modems and fetch boxes). We were connected to the internet for 5 days, and then out of no where it stopped working.

We tried doing all the trouble shooting tips several times, and after spending ages on hold with tech support and trying to use the live chat, we were advised that it was a back end problem and that Optus would have to put a request in with NBN Co. We were assured that someone would be in contact within 24-48 hours. This didn't happen, so after spending another 30 mins waiting on hold to speak to someone, we were told that we would have to wait another 24-48 hours for another phone call to arrange for a technician to come out and check the line, mind you, that's only to BOOK an appointment, who knows when a technician will actually be available to look at it.

Anyone have any similiar experiences with their service dropping out? Our household is reliant to be able to have internet access at home for work, and being without for the better part of the month is killing our mobile data, not to mention the loss of productivity.

Please help Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: NBN - no internet service

A month is a long time. 

Try requesting Optus send out a wireless modem or put your mobile data limit up to compensate. They should definitely provide a credit for the months non service. Its Optus' responsibility to arrange for an NBN Tech to come out. I can only just suggest you contact them every 48 hours until someone finally shows.

Regards,

Peter Gillespie

New Contributor tippo
New Contributor

Thanks for your suggestions Peter. Unfortunately, my mobile plan isn’t with Optus so I’m doubtful that they’ll help me out with that data. The wireless internet could be a good option though!

I just can’t understand why we would have internet for 5 days then nothing without any explanation in a reasonable time!

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Hmmm it's hard to say what the exact cause could be, it does sound like the issue was raised with NBN to investigate though. Do you have any fault reference numbers I could check? They typically start with 18 and get sent via SMS. Feel free to send me a private message to discuss.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor tippo
New Contributor

Thanks Toomey, I’ve just sent you a message. Looking forward to hearing a response and getting some insight into what’s going on

0 Kudos
New Contributor Mnf
New Contributor

Hi,

We are facing the exact issue. Not at all happy with the Optus service, considering to cancel the order.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I've replied to your private message @Mnf

I'm happy to chat with you there.

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors