Searching...
Highlighted

NBN modem and printer problem

gandk169

I have a Cannon Pixma MP560 printer which is connect to my home computers via WiFi.  Since hooking up the new NBN Modem the printer is not recognised on my home network.  I tried setting up the printer with the WPS light blinking and with is off but no luck either way.  I keep getting the message "check wireless LAN access point".  What am I doing wrong and how can I fix this problem?  Thanks!!

Re: NBN modem and printer problem

Scott_M

Hi there. If it;s a new modem the Wi-Fi SSID  and password may be different. Can you confirm if you have setup the same broadcast ID and password on the new modem that you were using on the old one? That should help and not require you to mess around with the printer. 

gandk169

Thank you so much for your reply Scott.  That sound like it just may be the problem!!  My printer is not talking to my printer via the modem.  

Now, what is the broadcast ID number and how can I find it?  Where would go to confirm the number with the password?  Is that informtion in the control pannel?  Do I need to contact my internet provider for the number?  I am not very computer literate so need to ask these questions.

Thanks again for your help Scott!!!!!

Hollie

Heya! The Broadcast ID is the name of your WiFi Network that you'd look for when trying to connect your phone or other devices to the Network and the password would be whatever you use to do that (you can find this under advanced settings and WiFi in the modem) 

In regards to how to find this on the printer, I would suggest looking for a manual online if you dont' have one or alternatively contact the tech support team for the printer manufacturer Smiley Happy

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

gandk169

Thank you so much Hollie.  I have not had time to try this fix as my husband has had a hearattack and I'm so stressed that I can't think straight.  I will definitly use your information as soon as I calm down and want to thank you for your reply.  By the way, hubby will be OK.  Thank you again, Cheers, Gwynne

Jax_K

@gandk169, I'm really sorry to hear about your husband Gwynne Smiley Sad Do let us know how you get on and if you need help with anything else. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

graves
  • The first thing to do is to check the Canon Mp560 Manual that came with the printer and follow the instructions for connecting to a network.
  • you can use the disc or over-the-air installation software that came with the printer and run the setup program again if something has changed with your Wi-Fi network. Follow the on-screen prompts (which will probably require you to connect the printer to your computer using a USB cable), and it should reconnect to your network.
  • Install latest printer and wifi drivers in your system. 

jonsnow1221

The printer problem is also happening with me as well and I am not being able to access the printer server as it is not getting connected to the wireless network and when I am trying to do that, it shows Epson printer error code e-01. It has to be fixed.

Ray_YC

Have you tried chatting with Epson support?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
105 Kudos
39 Kudos
31 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos