Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Matt3684
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN missing address issue

NBN connection problems !!!!! I recently bought land where a house has been demolished. And built a new home - The old home had NBN and the cable is hanging outside ready to go. Every house on the street has NBN but for some reason number 11 which is me has been removed from the NBN website database - NBN are no help and say to contact my service provider to submit a missing address request - but iinet said they can’t do this !!!! And NBN are saying they can’t fix it In their system!! I’ve been through this 10 times with both of them !!! I’ve even offered to pay for a tech to come out and see this and they won’t do it . The cable is hanging here ready to be reconnected from the NBN box !!! So frustrating please help anyone 🙂

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Akko
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: NBN

I would think your ISP should put in a request to NBN for the box to be remounted on your new house.  The NBN should be doing that but probably wont until the get request from ISP.  The ISP probably won't request it until they have a firm service order from you.  I just recently had Optus NBN connected after the NBN was fitted up to all houses in my area.  When the NBN guy comes he supplies the cable from box on side of house to the modem location in your house and the modem.  They have many restrictions about what they can and can't do running cable from the box to your modem and I finished up running it myself with cable he supplied, terminated and connected.  If your house is already cabled then great but its fibre optic from the box to your modem when you have fibre to the house type installation.  I think if the cable and box are hanging from the pole outside your property and are long enough to reach trying to mount and connect yourself is not advised.  You still need the NBN tech to activate it or it wont work for the ISP.

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: NBN

Hi Matt3684,

That definitely sounds frustrating!

Please try the suggestions offered in this thread about the issue.

Let us know how you go.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos