Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Dallyy__
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN maintenance outage 4215

Do we receive compensation for 24+hours without NBN? Or do we still have to pay the full monthly amount.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Serena_YC

Re: NBN maintenance outage 4215

Hi @Dallyy__

Depending on the duration of the fault, a prorata credit may be applicable to cover for the downtime experienced on your service.

Please note that we are unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd. We would recommend contacting our Customer Care teams via the My Optus app for our teams to securely confirm your details and review your account for you. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

AndS
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Dallyy__You should be trying to get the NBN back online first and if it takes a while then ask about compensation.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

The NBN is a best efforts service. If you want compensation for outages then there are commercial SLA products available (that cost a lot more than $90 a month). Are you looking for $3.75 compensation?

0 Kudos
Dallyy__
New Contributor
New Contributor

$3.75 or $10.75 what's the difference? Phone companies make sure they get every cent out of you so is it such a crime to do it in return?
0 Kudos
Dallyy__
New Contributor
New Contributor

They have contacted everyone in my building informing us the NBN will be down for a minimum of 24 hours? So no, I will worry about it now before it's off-line.
0 Kudos
Dallyy__
New Contributor
New Contributor

They have contacted everyone in my building informing us the NBN will be down for a minimum of 24 hours? So no, I will worry about it now before the service I pay for is off-line.
0 Kudos