Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN keeps disconnecting advised ETA 2 to 3 months !!!!

For the Past month my NBN has been dropping out constantly!!!.  The service is terrible.  Called tech support several times and even spoke to 2nd level support.  I got told it could take 2 to 3 months to fix and an engineer is in the area sorting it out so be patient.  Paying for a service I am not getting.  They offered me $15 for my service being down which I did not take !!  I would like someone to call me, this is ridiculous and not acceptable. Will be taking this further if not resolved.

15 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: NBN keeps disconnecting advised ETA 2 to 3 months !!!!

Are you on HFC Cable NBN? 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I''ve been on a contract for nearly two years which is about to expire. For that period the speed and dropouts have been regular and the speed is generally abysmal (probably 85% of the time) despite paying extra for a 50 connection. 

Calls to the service technicians get the same result - i.e. they agree that the slow speeds are no good - they are aware of it and are actively working to fix it. That's two years now and no change. The reason they give me is that there is too much congestion on the line - does that mean too many paying customers but not enough bandwidth?

It's really irritating to pay for a service that's not being given - over a long period of time.

I guess one is left with changing providers if a better one can be identified and complaing to the Ombudsman.

Mike

Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

And the answer to my question would be...? Smiley Wink

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi @Allyd, I'm sorry to hear about this experience. Have you been provided with a fault reference number we can follow up on for you?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @mike_mnd, when was the last time you spoke to our Tech Support team about this issue? 2 years is certainly an unusually long time to be experiencing the problems you've described.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi ... it must be about 2-3 months ago - I'm told the same thing, the bandwidth is overloaded and is being worked on.

As today there is no difference generally, except for more dropouts, doesn't seem much point keep ringing.

The annoying thing though is I'm still paying for mid-range speed but not getting the goods. However, now the contract period is up I can research options

Mike  

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Mike, join the club pal! I'm SO over Optus and the NBN since switching in May.  An $80 (ahem) "Speed"(?) pack has given me average speeds of 12mbps. I've been without any internet service at all on four different occasions, WiFi drops out without any warning. When I ring Optus tech support I'm given a waiting time of over 30 minutes. Honestly, the biggest regret I have in the last year was the decision to switch to NBN with Optus..... WHAT A CROCK!

When the contract is up (and I'm currently counting-off the days) I'm off to internode!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Hi @JIGGSTERPOW, @mike_mnd,

Can you offer up any information in regards to the NBN access technology that has been rolled out in your area i.e. NBN-HFC,FTTP,FTTB, FTTN or Fixed wireless? I'm sure that you've read a couple of reports that have been released by the media. We've been working with the ACCC to provide remedies to customers that have been misquoted maximum attainable speeds upon signing up for their service at point of sale. This only impacts NBN FTTN & FTTB customers.

"Optus has provided a court-enforceable undertaking to the ACCC detailing the remedies it will provide to affected customers, including refunds, moving speed plans, discounted speed plans, and exit from contracts without paying a fee. Optus will be contacting affected consumers on or before 2 March 2018.”

If you've been impacted by the issue, you will be contacted by a consultant on or before the aforementioned date.

If you're currently being services by NBN-HFC, FTTP or Fixed wireless then we're more than happy to discuss your options moving forward.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@Dan_C,

It seems Optus gets to decide who was affected or not? Is there some register or place you can add your name to the list? Or is the list simply every current customer that get FTTN and FTTB before Optus ammended its stated likely speeds (down from 100Mbps?)

It would seem that customers suffering excessive nightly peak hour slow downs should also be included in this process of compensation or contract exit.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos