cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Jc1668
New Contributor

NBN internet dropout problem

I've had NBN for about 2 months. Internet keeps dropping out everyday. So far I have had 3 technicians come out and I also keep getting text messages saying the issue has been fixed. But the dropout issue is still occurring everyday. It is really annoying and I don't know what to do with issue . Any advice is welcome. Thanks in advance. Regards, James
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Occasional Contributor Revenant
Occasional Contributor

Re: NBN internet dropout problem

This seems to be there solution, as they are also doing the same thing to me.  The only advice I can give is to just keep on them.  I honestly can't believe that the NBN is worse than Boradband.  At lease with the old system is was reliable. I have never had this many issues until I changed over to the NBN. 

I'm actually wondering if it will fix the core problems, or is the NBN complany quite happy to roll out a crap service that people are now being forced to get as old services are being phased out.

I have been experiencing drop outs and connection issues since joining up.  I did spend about 3 months actually getting connected with i first joined up.  It is better, slightly, but when 80% of the internet is used on streaming TV and Movies, dropouts are more than just frastrating when it's happening way to often.

Again, the only advice I can give is to just keep on them. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator PhilC
RetiredModerator

Hi @Jc1668 if you could please send through any fault reference or PR numbers you've been provided in regards to these technician visits along with the full name, number and date of birth attached to the account via a PM we'd be happy to take a closer look into this for you. Please bear in mind as we're not a technical team we may still need to refer you onto the correct department. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Jc1668
New Contributor

Hi,

The issue is still happening. It is reallty really painful.  OPtus support is useless!!!!!

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Send us a PM @Jc1668.

I'll have a scroll through the trouble ticket we'd raised and confirm what work was done.

There should be a timestamp left on the account each time the service drop outs. We're also given a description code to help us identify the root cause of the issue.

I need your full name, DOB and account number.

Look forward to hearing back.

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor jjh
New Contributor

We have had the problem for a long time now. Not long after we changed to NBN we started having the intenet drop out most days, even 4 and 5 times on some days. We have been on live chat at least 4 times now about our connectivity problems and they spend a lot of time going over the problem that has already been discussed on previous occassions. Don't they keep a record of complaints? Their solution is to ask me to do a speed test, say that they will investigate the problem, then send a message saying the problem is fixed. They did send me a new modemaround 6 months ago I think, but the issue with dropping out is still the same. I have given up complaining. I have explained that the problem is with the constant dropping out and losing phone and internet and having to reboot. The problem is not with speed. It works fine when it is working, but we have taken down notes of the drop out times in our calendar. We have asked them to pass the problem onto the NBN. We can hardly wait for our contract to finish as we are already investigating which operator to go to...it won't be Optus!

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Disappointing to hear about your experience, jjh.

Confirming earlier responses from our Moderators, please don't hesitate to PM them with any reference numbers and they'll be happy to look into it further.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors