cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Andrew_Evans
Occasional Contributor

NBN installation

My Tracking Order number for the NBN was 081014 order placed 6th February, $80 per month in that negotiation.

Last Thursday a tech showed up at my house after I had canceled the visit the previous day due to unexpected work commitments.  Finding no one home he proceeded to call my mobile number multiple times without leaving a message or texting.  I happened to be delivering a lecture at the time, so this wasn’t convenient at all.  You can imagine how pleased I was to eventually pick up that call thinking something urgent must have happened …

I still have no installation date and no NBN Connection.  Running up to 2 months now since I placed my order …

This order has disappeared from my Account records, which now reads “No Open Orders”  AND Optus appear to be punishing ADSL users in my area who are not signed up to NBN by “shaping” the ADSL service.

Good work Optus!! Not only interrupting the lectures but also making it hard to prepare them!  Excellent work.  Can’t say how excited I am about getting the NBN!

Q:  When can I expect the NBN installation?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: NBN installation

If you are in a lecture, would you not place your phone on silent? You’d be unhappy if the tech didn’t call you at all if you were genuinely expecting them. 

As for your request, please contact Optus and arrange an installation date with their activations team. 

Also, they don’t shape you for not going to NBN. So it sounds like you’re also experiencing a fault with your ADSL service. What NBN were you expecting.? (Not plan, but actual service type).

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Andrew_Evans
Occasional Contributor

Re: NBN installation

Thank you so much for the tip on putting my phone on silent.  I never would have thought of that without your excellent help.  You're quite right!  I should be happy to get multiple technician calls even though I canceled the visit for the express purpose of giving that lecture.  The state of the rest of my family should not make me anxious about receiving multiple phone calls.  I apologize that in actual fact it does. No, I can't wait to spend even more of my time helping Optus to fill my order.  I will certainly be doing that just as soon as I've switched my phone to silent.

0 Kudos