Searching...

Re: NBN installation - No Phone, No Internet, No Interest, No communication

raiment26

Aqua lung working okay. Another call from Optus. Network team couldn't fix it so an NBN technician had been booked for first Friday in May.  Everything crossed........my hotspot charges on iPad are mounting......note to self....remember to breathe.......

raiment26

Neighbour had nbn connected yesterday. They are also on Foxtel hfc network.   Phoned me last night same problem. No data transfer.  More research and it seems that activating nbn over the hfc network is a problem nationally with some customers from all isps without internet for months. Hoping that the nbn tech will fix it Friday.....,watch this space..

footnote.  If you are booked to have nbn connected using an hfc connection, reasearch this topic before committing and wait untl the problems are resolved before switching.....you can't go back to adsl.

kinannoyed

I too was conned into migrating from Cable to NBN, now nothing, no phone no internet. Optus did send a bill however , which was nice.  Trying to get it resolved is something of a joke as the wait times are ridiculous. Tried that callback option, it called me back and stuck me on hold for what seemd like forever then disconnected. #optussuck

Solution

raiment26

Well the tech finally came and spent 3 hours on the phone with nbn assurance team. A new nbn modem and several attempts at configuring it resolved the problem.  Getting 96 mb per second...      good luck with your issues.  Signing off.

Highlighted

Annoyingnbn

I also have been lied to and are still waiting for NBN internet. Customer support is pathetic, NBN stands for the Nufty Broadband Network, brought to you by liars and losers !

Venerable

So funny if it wasn't funny 😞

Ocdi

I just signed up for an NBN FTTN plan and it was activated today. Yay, NOT... the internet didn't work all day. I was at work and my wife was complaining. I'm finally home and swap the modem to the supplied one. Still no internet. I can see in the modem that it is getting a WAN IP address, however no data is transferring. Using my hotspot I can see the WAN IP is definitely an Optus IP so I don't understand why it isn't working. There are no ping replies to either the default gateway or DNS servers. I fear from experiences in this thread that tech support is going to be a slow and painful journey.

Solution

Dan_C

Hmm,

It sounds like a provisioning issue on our end. The NBN installation itself might be complete but the activation on the Optus end may need to be pushed through. Are you able to send us a PM with your account details? We need your full name, DOB and account number. If you are in need of immediate assistance, you can also reach us on live chat →  www.optus.com.au/livechat/pbb. You'd just need to ask them to confirm the status of your connection on our end. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Solution

Ocdi

Hi Dan, thanks for your reply to my message. I was panicking yesterday when I saw this thread thinking I was going to be without internet for weeks potentially. I managed to get through on chat and they put me onto the activations team. The person said he sent a message through to the back end team and it should be active within 24 hours. I asked if the team works on the weekend and he said no, which also wasn't a good indication.

Regardless I have great news, the service was actually working this morning! I am unsure if that was something that was going to happen anyways, just a little late or whether me contacting support made it happen. It would have been a better experience when the transfer date occurred and me getting an SMS advising it was done, that it actually worked immediately. I am very happy that it is indeed working and I was able to netflix this evening. I look forward to receiving the Fetch TV box, which I got SMS'd that they are sending today. :-)

AlexRH

Hey @Ocdi, really glad to hear that this has been the outcome Smiley Happy Thanks for the update.

We're here if you need a hand with anything in the future. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
106 Kudos
39 Kudos
32 Kudos
13 Kudos
12 Kudos