Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
raiment26
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

NBN installation - No Phone, No Internet, No Interest, No communication

I had the nbn installed on Tuesday 11.  Line checked by nbn technician and told it was perfect. All connected and told to wait for two hours and service would be activated.  All lights on and system says modem connected but no phone and no internet, no tv. 

After checking and resetting modems on the phone with Optus tech,  I was told it would be escalated and and they would get back within 48 hours.  Tested an alternative modem....no joy.     Called Optus after 48 hours as no contact. Call centre expressed surprise and said it had been escalated and to wait another 48 hours.

No contact after 96 hours so called again........told to wait another 48 hours but would try and fix it remotely.  Received a phone message on Saturday saying all fixed.    Guess what - no connection and no phone.   Relogged call.    Told to wait another 24 hours.  Still no connection a week later and no apparent effort or interest from Optus in fixing the problem.  

Non existant support, no communication, no internet, no phone, no fetch  tv.

Very frustrated.  

Fault log 16457972

19 Replies
Hollie
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: NBN installation - No Phone, No Internet, No Interest, No communication

Hey @raiment26, I can see that our case management team have been working on this one and a tech has attended previously however it does look like more follow up is required.

I have just requested a callback from our case management department, they will be in touch either this afternoon or tomorrow morning to provide an update on this.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
raiment26
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Hollie,

Still no feedback from the case management team. I provided some data on the modem on Tuesday and then met with deafening silence on any further progress.  Did speak with an optus support person yesterday to try and elicit an update but she was pretty aggressive and basically told me to wait.  She did reluctantly enter a note that I had requested a call / update today Thursday 20th, (10 days since my failed NBN installation). All to no avail.    I requested this as an additional record that I have tried to work with optus to resolve the problem but my only option now seems to write formally to Optus and escalate this issue to the TIO.  

0 Kudos
Hannah-L
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

I'm sorry to hear this, @raiment26. 😞 I've requested another call back from the Case Management team, they'll be in touch with you within the next 24 hours.

0 Kudos
raiment26
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Well it's now the 22nd April. The case management team are looking at it but no luck to date. The solution is obviously complicated.  Another weekend ticks by.......sigh

0 Kudos
raiment26
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Well the customer service team contacted me yesterday (Tuesday) and said that the internet should be fixed on Thursday 27th. It couldn't  be done earlier as there is a backlog of work.    Holding my breath...............

0 Kudos
Osteo
New Contributor
New Contributor

This sounds very similar to my experience. Nobody cares, nobody wants to help, everyone at Optus just passes the buck. It's all too hard for them. Pathetic!

0 Kudos
BarnaBee
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I am in the exact same boat as you ...told to wait etc ....this is the worst i have ever come across ....here's one for you ...soon all small town s in little old ireland will have 100mb coming though their fibre optic lines ....and Aus rates outside the top 50 for internet acees in the world behind the likes of kenya ....one could laugh if it was funny 

0 Kudos
raiment26
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Well I held my breath and finally got a call as promised on Thursday saying it was fixed.   Starting to turn blue I checked and guess what. No internet, no phone, no tv, no change.  Another battery of tests with the case manager and........wait for it.........it has to be escalated to the network team and then nbn team they will get to it within 72 hrs. Where is the aqua lung...    

0 Kudos
kimandlee
Contributor
Contributor

we had a similar issue, we had to add the username and password from our adsl2 connection into the modem. and it worked right away. now, the sagemcom modem does not allow nbn username and password entries by default. their is a master password protecting those settings. optus can login to its sagemcom routers and put this information in for you, via their tr069 remote access. you can find the master password, it requires some deocding and some knowledge. try reading this site for info on how to do it.http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2401743&p=30
0 Kudos