Searching...

Re: NBN heavy congestion (backhaul issues)

buletjd

I will contest that. I have been advised by 4 tech support, 2 retentions team members and also received a call from fixed resolver team all telling me 3-5 days.

all have assured me that is your company policy. Notwithstanding it is marked urgent so you would expect a better response than that poor excuse such as you have given. I am prepared to even say a lie to cover the incompetence of your company

unfortunately many of your team members have been caught out making up information just because it's too difficult for them. You should listen to the recording that you apparently do for coaching and compliance and see for yourself. Not good enough.

Again if you delivered the promised service in the first place it would be irrelevant.

CrowdMan00

Just letting eveyone know that my rocket like $140 per month speed is currently 3.55 Mbps download and 37.69 Mbps upload.  Even around the other way would be attractive.

Shae

Really sorry to hear that you're having issues with the speeds @CrowdMan00 Smiley Sad Can I ask if you've had a chat with our tech team on 13 13 44 regarding options for the service going forward?

CrowdMan00

Hi Shae, Thanks, for the message.  I've had many discussions, which was where I was given the information about nothing that could be done and the cancellation fee if I left Optus.  One of the issues is that the lower plans are only $10 - $30 less, but still for a service that can't be provided.  The service I've got includes the speed boost, so on a lower plan, and with more customers getting on board increasing congestion even further, the speed would drop to an unmanigable level.  I was quite surprised when I was told that if I dropped to a lower plan, I would drop speed.  How could I go below 2.6 Mbps.  So basically no, I've spent literally hours on the phone, well over a hundred dollars of call costs (I've had to use my mobile as for a long time there was no home phone when the internet was down), and what you would have seen on the Yes Crowd forum pages is what I have experienced.  I have really had no constructive offer of a plan or way forward.  The key things I've been told are "we can't do anything else" and that I can't return to the ADSL 2 that was similar speed and $60 a month cheaper.  Just picking up on someone elses point about the service, while I appreciate and understand the industry standard for return calls is within 10 days, I was also promised calls the next day that never happened. Thanks,

Esther

Appreciate it'snot ideal Smiley Sad Do you happen to have any of your fault reference numbers handy we can follow up for you? Esther

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

buletjd

so I finally got a call from the fixed resolver team.

in a nutshell this is what occurred

1. The person did not know anything about my issue had done no research, investigation or any thing to prepare for the call.

2. After going over everything for the millionth time they provided me with a response.

3. They confirmed that in their opinion congestion was on the line.

4. There will be no compensation for congestion under any circumstances

5. There will be no compensation for the lack of usable service over the past few weeks

6. There is no plan or intention to fix the issue in the foreseeable future

7. Put up, shut up and stop complaining and pay the full amount for a inferior service or leave Optus and we will not charge any break contract fees

8. If you choose to leave you will still have to pay the full amount until your service is ported over even if that process takes weeks

in other words put up shut up and we don't care. We have no intention to fix the issue and honour the NBN guarantee. We don't care if we loose you as a customer nor any of your other services. (I have 5 other services with Optus)

How is that customer service?

how is that right, fair, or just?

I basically have been forced to move to another provider and Optus don't care.

Again the real question is how can a brand new NBN node have congestion in weeks when not even 1/3 of possible connections are taken as yet.

simple answer is Optus did not purchase sufficient bandwith and over sold connections. Why would they just not buy more bandwidth and have capacity to connect more people, satisfy existing customers and make larger profits with fewer complaints.

instead their response is "leave we don't want you as a customer and take all your other services as well because we don't care and the NBN guarantee doesn't apply to us because we are above those things"

never again Optus after 23 years and multiple services this is your payback for loyalty.

CrowdMan00

Esther, Is there a private Message function to send it to you directly.

CrowdMan00

Thanks for the email, but please do not massively understate the issue by saying it's not ideal.  In truth, it is far from adequate and acceptable.  The most basic of the NBN tiers is 12/, and I cant even get that on a 100/40 $140 per month plan. 

Is there a Private Message service to send information like reference numbers?

Highlighted

Gen_R

Hi CrowdMan00 you click on the arrow next to the name and then click private message. You can also compose a new message and then put the username you're sending the message too. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
89 Kudos
54 Kudos
28 Kudos
20 Kudos
19 Kudos