Searching...

Re: NBN heavy congestion (backhaul issues)

Hannah-L

I'm sorry you're unhappy with the contact time frame provided by our Customer Relations team. Please rest assured they do take your complaint seriously and are the highest point of contact for complaints within Optus. They'll be in touch with you soon.

buletjd

I don't know why I expected better. Not one question was answered. You claim you take it seriously however when someone's service is not usable it is given no priority whatsoever. This has been an issue for a while now and i am expected to just wait until Optus feels they are ready to talk about it. Talking is not fixing the issue. How much longer will it take to fix the issue after I eventually get a call from Optus?

To be without a usable service for weeks is not acceptable, however Optus seem to think that is fine as they clearly are in no rush to resolve this

Griffo17

I'm also seeing poor speeds and DSL outages (usually on Friday and Saturday nights). Getting very frustrating. FetchTV is struggling at times depite having a 100/40 connection and 1Gbps wired network.

Griffo17

SHould be noted my sync speeds are usually 107/44.. But I still see issues at times.

oceans

I would like to add that my experience with Optus Helpdesk is basically the following

1. This is not my department. I cannot help you. Please contact this number. 
  2. The same issue will then repeat itself when you call another number
  3. No one ever calls you back or emails you back when you have an enquiry
  4. NBN congestion is given priority but my issue is not resolved after 12 months
Highlighted

oceans

If your phone line is not working or if you are experiencing slow down I would try the following which does not sort the problem out but may make it financially a little better

1. Ask not to be billed for the month. I had this issue when my NBN was so slow that I lost telephone connection and only after a few days did friends/family call my mobile asking why I am constantly on the home line
  2. Ask for compensation. I've been told for my 100/40 plan I can get $30 back per month for congestion. Hopefully enough people do this Optus then notices

buletjd

in my case my phone has been dropping calls however the retentions team basically gave me two options

1 a discount of $20 for three months

2 they could disconnect my services immediately and not charge a break contract fee.

How does that help.

kiyo9

The nbn co released this to make sure that all service providers are accountable for capacity issues:

http://www.nbnco.com.au/learn-about-the-nbn/speed/making-the-most-of-your-internet-connection/conges...

Looks like we all just have to ask for compensation, it will come to a point that the big wigs will see they are losing more money giving discounts then they are buying more capacity for everyone. If we all ask for the $30 discount then I think Optus will get the message and actually do a proper capacity upgrade for all areas.

Marie

Hey kiyo9,

Sorry to hear you feel this way.

Have you reported your speed issues with our 24/7 Tech team on 131344 to have this looked into?

If so what have they advised?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
kiyo9

Yes I have several times.

It is always the same answer "Scheduled upgrades, no date of completion".

I have also escalated several times.

I will be calling customer service tomorrow for a discounted rate until this is fixed or the offer of Greg from CRG to disconnect or port to another NBN provider without penalty of exit fees.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
89 Kudos
54 Kudos
28 Kudos
20 Kudos
19 Kudos