Searching...

NBN frequent dropouts

Shamail

I have taken a new Optus connection. I have received my first bill for the Optus connection but there isn’t a thing working there some problem with nbn connectiOn at my place. The maximum time Optus service can run without interruption is 20 minutes. And there too many dropouts to use internet. Then there is case for fetch tv which needs uninterrupted internet connection which I don’t have so that doesn’t work. Only thing which is working is landline. I am in second week into my service and when I call them they keep switching my call to one department to other. And then there wait time for everything. After all this I just feel like leaving the Optus but I am under 24 months contrac. Can any I exit contract without paying breaking the contract 

NBN frequent dropouts

Shamail

I have taken a new Optus connection. I have received my first bill for the Optus connection but there isn’t a thing working there some problem with nbn connectiOn at my place. The maximum time Optus service can run without interruption is 20 minutes. And there too many dropouts to use internet. Then there is case for fetch tv which needs uninterrupted internet connection which I don’t have so that doesn’t work. Only thing which is working is landline. I am in second week into my service and when I call them they keep switching my call to one department to other. And then there wait time for everything. After all this I just feel like leaving the Optus but I am under 24 months contrac. Can any I exit contract without paying breaking the contract 

Re: NBN frequent dropouts

SillyGogo

try factory reset your modem a few time to see if you get a more stable connection

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Sewings

I had to login to Optus through my Telstra mobile. The NBN through Optus is out of ontrol... I was very happy with ADSL but was forced to move across even though the old copper worked fine for me. Now with NBN my connection is intermittent and constantly drops out... in fact almost useless. I will be writing to the ombudsman for support  in revoking the Optus agreement and also refunding all monthly charges since signing up. If not for my Telstra mibile account I'd have little internet access. 

SillyGogo

I hear  you, I too have a great cable internet service with a low monthly cost but have to move to NBN. This is not Optus' policy, it is well i think NBN's policy or the government. 

I too was very unhappy with NBN when first connected, when it works its great, but constant drop out and disconnection. After I hard reset my modem about 5-6 times, everything works great. Now I have a stable and fast connection. Maybe give that a try and see if it will help with your connection

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Toomey

Sorry to hear of the on-going issues @Sewings. We may need to raise an escalation with our Case Management team to have your service investigated.

Please feel free to send me a private message with your account number, full name and DOB. You can leave it with us and we'll have someone check it out asap.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Marty1955

Typical session on OPTUS NBN - The statistics say it all - Its rubbish.
Session Elapsed Time : 019:10:05:23

INTERNET CONNECTION FAILURE SUMMARY
Total Failures : 532
Total Downtime : 000:09:38:09
Downtime Percentage : 02.067413191
Shortest Failure Length : 000:00:00:01
Longest Failure Length : 000:00:17:26
Average Failure Length : 000:00:01:05

Marty1955

I replaced the router with a new Netgear unit (twice). Retried with the supplied Optus unit. Had an Optus technician come out
to tell us that he thought the problem may be in our internal wiring. Had the internal wiring disconnected and a new direct
line with no other connections direct to the router by a qualified installer. Still have an unacceptable amount of drop outs.
This is the latest (last 23hrs)
20190809 06:40:21 LOGGING_ENDED

----------------------- SESSION SUMMARY ------------------------

Session Elapsed Time : 000:22:55:18

LOCAL NETWORK CONNECTION FAILURE SUMMARY
Total Failures : 1
Total Downtime : 000:00:00:04
Downtime Percentage : 00.004909471
Shortest Failure Length : 000:00:00:04
Longest Failure Length : 000:00:00:04
Average Failure Length : 000:00:00:04

INTERNET CONNECTION FAILURE SUMMARY
Total Failures : 91
Total Downtime : 000:02:40:57
Downtime Percentage : 11.703056293
Longest Failure Length : 000:00:11:24
Average Failure Length : 000:00:01:46

DNS RESOLUTION FAILURE SUMMARY
Total Failures : 86
Total Downtime : 000:02:40:27
Downtime Percentage : 11.667094828
Longest Failure Length : 000:00:11:24
Average Failure Length : 000:00:01:52
================================================================

Ray_YC

Hi Marty1955,

Sounds like you would have a fault ticket number for this issue?

Please let ms know what it is so I can request for it to be prioritised since this is ongoing.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Marty1955

In the last two days alone, we have had 129 outages, one over an hour in length. Average failure length over the last two days is 3.19min. I don’t have a current ticket open as I haven’t had time to spend on the phone raising one. It’s such a long drawn out process each time. Tomorrow I will once again set the time required and make the call.  Its 5 years now since we first started having the problem on ADSL. I have had Telstra out (initially we were with Telstra). Optus have been out (since NBN connected) and said they “Thought” the problem may be in our wiring. We have since had it completely rewired with one outlet directly to the router by a certified installer. We have replaced the router 3 times over the 5 years. The problem is beyond my house it seems to be worse after rain. It got worse once we went to the NBN. So frustrating.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
102 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos