Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN (fibre to node) drop outs

First post so be gentle - Wanting to know if anyone else has had the same issue - Changed over to optus in November and set up was hassle free and the nbn service perfect until November 27 when it started dropping out repeatedly and often for extended periods.  Spoke with tech support and they sent me a new modem and things returned to normal for around 24 hours until the same thing started happening again.  Both modems were the same - the new dual band black model.  Feeling like this may be a hardware issue.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: NBN (fibre to node) drop outs

Hey @Nickos, welcome to the community! Have you spoken to Tech Support since testing the new modem? It sounds like there may be a line fault, if this is the case we'll need to organise a technician to look into it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for that but i've been trying to use the chat facility but it's apparently been "engaged" for the last 36 hours.  I must say that so far i've been completely underwhelmed by Optus customer service since coming over from another ISP.  Very unfortunate.

Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Sorry to hear that you've been feeling this way, Nickos 😞 If you can please PM me with your account number/username I can run a couple of tests on it from my end. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos