Searching...

NBN fail fail fail...Optus fail fail fail!

superl11

Not sure what the go is but I have waited over 6 weeks for NBN connection.  NBN technician turned up and said the cable neesds to be run before they can install NTD? box.  I understand its a safety issue to not use a ladder for high poles etc. but you would expect they would prepare for this kind of work.  Now it seems I'm left with waiting another two weeks for the cables to be run and most likely another two weeks before NTD box installation - not getting any hope of connection.  Not sure why this can't all be done at same time?  This is not working for me now and I'd like to know if other people have gone through similar experiences and what options were avaialble?  Can anyone help? 

Re: NBN fail fail fail...Optus fail fail fail!

Paddylee

Unfortunately you are at the mercy of NBN, its contractors and their sub contractors.

Different contractors tasked to do different parts.

In my area one group came through and checked the pits and pulled through wire/rope so that the next team could pull fibre.

Next lot installed the FTTC units in the pits and so forth.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

superl11

No I need to have my options of leaving Optus if they can’t deliver...can anyone help?

Paddylee

Doesnt matter what provider, its not them doing the work its NBN.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

superl11

Just got off the phone with Optus who transferred me around and asked for my details to verify etc.  Optus rep asked me to spell my address a number of times - all I wanted was an update on my nbn connection as technician wasn’t able to install that day and a looking for a solution in the meantime for internet access.  Felt like an idiot and made to look stupid.  Is this treatment normal?  If Optus won’t look after its customers then who will?  Poor business practice and customer service - I don’t know who to ask for help or know what to do now - can anyone help?

Ray_YC

This is not something that we can currently assist with here on the forum. 

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details. 

If not, please chat with us.
If for some reason it is still not resolved, please follow our complaints process.
Let us know how you go. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

abey

they are all pretty bad. I tried to go to telstra and faced the same bad customer service. NBN and these telco's are so disjointed. I waited for my techncian but he never showed up. Contacted optus and they didnt put the booking through and didnt tell us. So i waited all arvo for nothing. Now I have to wait for another month for another technician

I suggest put a complaint to the telecomunications Ombudsman. Apparantly a servey came out last month that complaints for NBN have dropped. I think it's more about people not putting complaints through the right channels. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
106 Kudos
37 Kudos
29 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos