cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

Frankco
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN drops out and slow internet

My home nbn is slow, drops out and we also have trouble connecting to wireless often. We have to keep resetting the router.
This usually helps for a week or two then it all happens again. Can we use a better router than the sagecom? I am asking this because optus keep telling me it’s not a nbn problem! I called two and a half weeks ago and they walked me through all the usual steps of switching off and in then rebooting then hard wiring and they said they made adjustments to my router and I would have no more issues! Got up today and no internet! Rebooted the router as I noticed no wifi or dsl light were on and it all comes back again. I shouldn’t have to do this every few weeks! I have nbn I’m 150 ft from the node it’s copper to the house and into the house not fibre. We are all working from home due to covid as are lots of other people out there and we are depending on a good service from optus and it’s not really happening!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Aron_YC

Re: NBN drops out and slow internet

Hi Frankco, 

You don't need to use an Optus modem for you connection, however it is needed for the landline to work. Have you had the modem replaced at all?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Frankco
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: NBN drops out and slow internet

Original nbn router and the techs looked at it as well. They always say that’s it now and it still happens!! This is ongoing since 2017
0 Kudos
Top Contributors