cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor barober
New Contributor

NBN dropping out.

HI

Just had a week of NBN being worked on . There were none before this  upgrade or repair everything was fine  apart from going from 47mbss to 7 to 9 Mbps.

However if it ment a beter service I was willing to endure drop outs for a week. 

Luckly the week has ended BUT SADLY we are still getting drop outs.  Great improvements NBN.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: NBN dropping out.

Hi there barober, 

What type of NBN connection do you have?

Please see our help and support page: Dropouts: NBN Troubleshooting

What suburb/postcode are you in?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor barober
New Contributor

Hi

In answer to the questions about my NBN home ( Logan Village) drop outs .  I have fiber to the node nbn. The drop outs are still occurring .  On average i would say it was more than 3 times a day and occurs at any time of the day . I seen it happen at 5.30 am and 11 pm Of course I am not on all the time so it may be higher.

It first started with NBN doing it up grades and still continues. Over a month now. 

I have followed the drop out procedure several time. Disconnectind  cables turning off the modum . No change.

Another strange issue is the down load speed .  On most occasions the Mbps is  between 7 to 9 on average with low 3's on occasions.  To start with I was at 47 Mbps. Big drop.  However the upload speed has staied consistant  between 16 to 19 Mbps. WHY?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks, there are no reported issues in Logan Village.

Have you contacted Optus technical support? That's your best bet to find out why.

Let us know how you go.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos