Searching...
Accepted Solution

NBN dropping out for over a week

bta

internet dropping out for over a week, many calls to optus with no fix, yesrerday they connected me to an NBN tech, he said that he would give the system a boost, not sure what that is but it worked until this afternoon, now back to wifi and internet dropouts as before, I am at a dead end now just cant operate like this, I have a sagemcom 3864V3OP modem, should I just purchase a new modem if so any recommendations on a good replcement one, I am out of contract with optus and considering changing supplier. any advice would be appreciated.

Solution

Re: NBN dropping out for over a week

Dan_C

@bta, more than happy to run a couple of checks from our end.

said that he would give the system a boost, not sure what that is but it worked until this afternoon

I'm intersted to see what they've done there. That's a speed boost or a measure put in palce to reduce drop outs?

Depending on the type of NBN connection i.e. Fibre to the node - we can change your line profile from standard to stable.

I have a sagemcom 3864V3OP modem, should I just purchase a new modem

We might be able to offer you a replacement modem. The most current modem is our Sagemcom F@st 3864V3 with AC. 

Send us a PM with your details. We need your full name, DOB and account number. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

DanKS

This is an ongoing issue with optus, if not resolved will Optus consider releasing customers from their contracts as this is a clear case of failure to provide service? 

Dan_C

Depending on each individual case - we may decide that releasing a customer is the best solution.

That's after we've performed the required investigation and haven't been able to come up with a permanent solution to the issue.

The majority of these issues can be resolved. 

Did you need a hand at all? Happy to help. 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

DanKS

Hi- other than captuing on video each and everytime I am unable to work or access the internet what other evidence is suitable to be released from this contract.

Dan_C

I can go in and take a look. 

You're welcome to send us a private message.

I'll need your full name, DOB and account number. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
102 Kudos
36 Kudos
31 Kudos
14 Kudos
13 Kudos