cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN dropping out for over a week

internet dropping out for over a week, many calls to optus with no fix, yesrerday they connected me to an NBN tech, he said that he would give the system a boost, not sure what that is but it worked until this afternoon, now back to wifi and internet dropouts as before, I am at a dead end now just cant operate like this, I have a sagemcom 3864V3OP modem, should I just purchase a new modem if so any recommendations on a good replcement one, I am out of contract with optus and considering changing supplier. any advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Blog Author

Re: NBN dropping out for over a week

@bta, more than happy to run a couple of checks from our end.

said that he would give the system a boost, not sure what that is but it worked until this afternoon

I'm intersted to see what they've done there. That's a speed boost or a measure put in palce to reduce drop outs?

Depending on the type of NBN connection i.e. Fibre to the node - we can change your line profile from standard to stable.

I have a sagemcom 3864V3OP modem, should I just purchase a new modem

We might be able to offer you a replacement modem. The most current modem is our Sagemcom F@st 3864V3 with AC. 

Send us a PM with your details. We need your full name, DOB and account number. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

This is an ongoing issue with optus, if not resolved will Optus consider releasing customers from their contracts as this is a clear case of failure to provide service? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Depending on each individual case - we may decide that releasing a customer is the best solution.

That's after we've performed the required investigation and haven't been able to come up with a permanent solution to the issue.

The majority of these issues can be resolved. 

Did you need a hand at all? Happy to help. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi- other than captuing on video each and everytime I am unable to work or access the internet what other evidence is suitable to be released from this contract.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

I can go in and take a look. 

You're welcome to send us a private message.

I'll need your full name, DOB and account number. 

0 Kudos