Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
AGuthrie
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN dropping out constantly

I am a critical worker, working from home.

My NBN drops out multiple times a day but I cannot reach anybody via phone to raise a case and get it looked at.

How can I get a case raised?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Dparris
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: NBN dropping out constantly

Internet not working, checking cables and inplug power to reset doesn’t work, need someone to have a look
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Please see our NBN Dropouts help and support page.

After completing the troubleshooting if you get to the Further Help section, we suggest messaging us on Social Media, either Facebook or Twitter. They do have a point of escalation for the following urgent enquiries:

· No Broadband connectivity (no access to the internet)

· No phone connectivity (can't make or receive calls)

Please note, the team won’t be able to respond right away, but they’ll be with you as soon as they can.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
AGuthrie
New Contributor
New Contributor

So i'm stuck in an infinite loop.

Firtstly, let me point out I am an essential worker, even though I am working from home, but that doesn't meet the definition of 'critical enquiries' so I have been going around in this loop since Tuesday (so this is now day 5).

1 - Call Optus and after making several selections get a message saying sorry, we can't talk you call today and the call terminates

2 - Call again, different options and get a text message sent to me with a link to the page I originally started on.

3 - Downloaded the App and began a text conversation.  After several hours I stopped getting responses, so tried again in the morning.  Now 14 hours since the chat started I get told sorry, we're busy and we'll get to how when we can.  Finally get a conversation going and told to turn it off and on (I was then told this several times in following days despite it clearly not working)

4 - Finally get some responses via the App and get a text sent to me with a reference number (Yay, getting somewhere!).  No a few hours later get another case saying case has been closed - WTF

5 - Get on the chat again (told turn off/on again) get another text with a new ref number, but hear nothing for next 24 hours.

6 - More messages via app (have you tried turning it off!!???) told someone will call.

7 - Someone does call, but I miss it, he leaves a message just saying "Call Optus" - are you serious!  On what number????  I can't talk to a human on the normal number. I'M BACK AT STEP 1!!!

8 - I call through on the new customer sales line and the guy was very understanding and put me through to service, where I was on hold for 1hr 10mins.  Get told 'its with the team, they'll call you within 48 hours.  I told him a short version of this story and he said they would try and call within 24 hours.  That was around 27 hours ago.

I get we are in extraordinary times, but this is pretty ridiculous!

0 Kudos