Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: NBN dropping out constantly

Same thing here. Looks like a dodgy sagemcom modem  WiFi keeps dropping out every few minutes.. Ridiculous . Will have to bridge via my tplink . 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am experiencing this exact same issue. How do I get a new modem sent out?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

@Redscott, happy to take a look. Send your details through via PM

I need your full name, DOB and account number. We'll run a few tests and see what we can for you. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I've been having problems with NBN dropping out since getting NBN at this house. Every couple of months I get fed-up, call Optus, hold for >30mins and have to go through the whole exercise of unplugging, resetting, and Optus testing the line. Then they log a call to NBN, and they just come back that nothing is wrong. 

I sometimes get up to 70mbps on the LAN, but the wifi never gives more than 30mbps.

It is dissappointing that Optus doesn't offer better modems 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @ABez - happy to take a look into this for you.

Can you please PM us with your account number, full name and DOB so we can take a look into this for you? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

It's distressing to be replying to a post that was made a year ago, and the problem is still happening. I signed up a month ago and it has been useless since day 1. Two different Sagemcom modems, two technician visits, I've paid to rewire my house connection, and they've even billed me a month in advance for this "service"!!! So hard to believe that a company can get away with this for so long. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Hey @birdboot - I'm sorry to hear that you've been having these ongoing issues with your connection! If you could please send through a PM with your full name, DOB and account or service number, along with any faults reference numbers or PR numbers that you may have received from our Tech Support team, we'd be happy to further investigate this from our end. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

We had this issue with our NBN connection with Optus on a daily basis to the point we had a gutful of Optus lack of assistance in fixing the issue. I can say thankfully we have had the contract cancelled and are with a new ISP who doesn't have the NBN dropouts issue. 

Basically Optus, in their pure greed, don't acquire enough bandwith from NBN to deliver to their customers which results in the dropouts. If you go with an ISP that ensures they are meeting the demand and not penny pinching you will get a better service. 

Trust me - ditch Optus and whatever you do don't let them change you over to other reps on the phone or offer to call you back, stay on the line until they agree to cancel the contract and change ISPs quick. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ever since I was forced to give up my Optus supplied Netgear on the cable plan, to "update" to the down grade of the nbn, my moden often drops out.  I lose internet to the connection, lose wifi, internet.  Can take ages working out whether the sagemcom is the problem or the nbn crap modem.  The nbn is an abject failure, and so is the Sagemcom.  Why did Optus select a bottom of the range product for it's customers (yes, we are customers, not piggy banks for you Optus).  No use going to Telstra, they are even worse. Maybe time to look at what Vodafone has to offer, but I would prefer to stay with Optus.  Under the cable I virtually never had any problems, but this nbn is a failure, and Optus has not helped with low quality crap modems. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Randal - it's disappointing to hear you say we haven't helped, however i'd like to see if we can turn this around!

Can you please send me a private message confirming your account number, full name and DOB?

0 Kudos