Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

NBN dropping out constantly

I have just changed from broadband to nbn and ever since my network signal drops out once every minute or so. Can't do internet banking or other tasks. Wishing I had never changed

31 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: NBN dropping out constantly

It's the way of the future! But seriously though, have you spoken with tech support to lodge a fault? 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying but been over 2 hours so far. Finding the phone number was hard enough. Live chat kept dropping out. Last phone conversation went along the lines of "can you get a paper clip and put it in the reset hole for 10 seconds". I did that but of course the phone line dropped out and the problem was not resolved. Good thing I don't have much on today...........hang on I do actually!!!!!!
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Not what we like to hear, @RickF71 😞 Have you since been given a Fault ref # that we can chase up for you? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

A technician is coming back today and I really hope the problem can be fixed. Yesterday my wife missed out on an auction item on ebay because of this issue so it's not just internet banking that is being compromised. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Job reference is  17432496. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi @RickF71, I can see that fault report was marked as resolved earlier today. Is your service running smoothly now?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Well I've had to disconnect my Optus modem as that is where the fault seems to be and now I am connected directly into the nbn box. Connection has been good since doing that but I have no phone line or wi-fi until my new modem arrives so we are getting there but it has been inconvenient to say the least.

Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Get why you'd be feeling that way given the experience 😞 

Please let us know if you do have any further trouble once the new modem gets there! 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

My new modem arrived today and I have followed the instructions to connect it. The same problem is happening and again my internet connection keeps dropping out. I cannot express to you how angry I am regarding this. I feel completely let down by Optus and wish I had never heard of them as a nbn provider. I have now spent so many hours trying to rectify this only to be told by obnoxious call centre staff that they know what the problem is better than I do. I believe my only option to get real service now is to go to the ombudsman and put in a major complaint against Optus. My internet connection has dropped out 4 times whilst writing this post. I am furious. I will again disconnect the Optus modem meaning I have no landline or wifi which also means no other family members can be connected to the internet. I will wait 24 hours to get a suitable response before going to the ombudsman.