cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor RickF71
Occasional Contributor

Re: NBN dropping out constantly

Well it's now Friday and no-one from Optus can answer why I can't get an even remotely basic internet connection. My opinion of Optus is now dropping quickly. Internet banking is a nightmare. 

Occasional Contributor

Well I have solved the problem with my internet connection constantly dropping out every minute or so. Connect with a decent modem. The Sagemcom modem provided by Optus is inadequate and gave me nothing but trouble. The replacement modem (same model) was no different. Today I went and purchased a $200 Netgear modem and it's like I'm in a new world. A world of constant connectivity. I just performed multiple online banking transactions while simultaneously having multiple web pages open and everything worked as it should and quickly. No thanks unfortunately to Optus who pretty much ignored me. Why didn't Optus just come out and say that their modem they provide is inferior and I'd be better off buying my own decent one. I would have gone with another provider probably, that's why. Anyway I will be looking around for another provider asap as Optus don't deserve my business. 

Moderator Aman_B

That's definitely not good to hear @RickF71 and we're really sorry it didn't work out the way it should. Is this something that you've since raised with our Faults team for further investigation? Please do let us know here  Here if you still need a hand.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

What could I raise with the faults department? I spent days on the phone with them while they told me therewas no problem with the connection and it must be a faulty modem but the replacement modem was just as bad. I decided not to keep going around in circles and do something about it because Optus would not address the real problem. The Sagemcom modem is not up to the job. I purchased a $200 Netgear modem and it works great. If Optus provided a decent modem in the first place none of this would have happened. I could have stomped my feet and demanded a better modem but I have a internet banking to be done and online transactions to be completed that weren't going to wait for Optus.

Moderator Aman_B

Thanks for the update @RickF71 I've passed on some feedback about your overall experience. We're here if you need anything else. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Sewings
Occasional Contributor

Yes you will have to expect that from now on... Optus are unable to service their clients and the only way to have any reliable connection is to pay another provider for internet like I do through Telstra mobile. You need to email or write to the Ombudsman your complaint otherwise OPTUS will continue to take our money and provide an unreliable service. I am formulating a response to OPTUS through me legal firm to recoup all costs (invoices) and anull the agreement due to their inability to provide a reliable service.

Tags (3)
Occasional Contributor Sewings
Occasional Contributor

Apologies 'me' should have been 'my'. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Allyd
New Contributor

0 Kudos
New Contributor Jc1668
New Contributor

Hi , I had the same issue and it is still happening. Optus support is useless. Please could you advise the router model you are using? I will replace my Optus router if possible. Thanks
Occasional Contributor scottle
Occasional Contributor

I have read throough this entire post and it sounds exactly what is happening to us.

No service

No stable connection

No joy

If I didn't have a mobile broadband with another providor I wouln't even be able to post this

Top Contributors