Searching...
Highlighted

NBN drop out

yeu20012000

I have connected to the Optus NBN on the 17/10/2018. Since the day of the connection, I am experiencing drop out  2 to 3 times a day. I have called the technical support a number of times, they don't offer much of the help and I have replaced the modem as well. Can anyone can help from Optus. 

Re: NBN drop out

petergdownload

What NBN Technology are you using?

Peter Gillespie

yeu20012000

I am using HFC technology

SteveGee

peter give it a break.

optus rated one of worst for congestion and issues.

only way is out 

go find any other isp.

optus trading on its laurels

trouble is it doesntbeven know whats going on.

went to aussie b got line issue diagnosis and help

before setting up

got tri band modem for $135/self configuring

phone ported

and for $65;pm nbn 50 no contract

easy done

Steve Gregory

petergdownload

2-3 dropouts a day sounds like a difficult one to diagnose. Unfortunately most of the NBN and Telco promises are about speed so itsit's h to get a benchmark of what dropout rate is acceptable. 

You've done the right first steps so I'd suggest asking Optus to send out a NBN tech to investigate on site. 

@SteveGee, ABB definitely have a service model that IMO all rsps would do well to copy. Staff are not only knowledgeable and empowered to impliment solutions but they also take proper ownership over resolving a problem.

However sometime leaving Optus may not be possible or desirable. I reckon there's still a good chance this can be fixed at Optus.

Peter Gillespie

yeu20012000

The dropouts only happens in the morning once, and at night once??????

petergdownload

@yeu20012000,

That does sound very specific. Are you able to get it down to a specific 30 minute window? Is it every night? 

Anything in the house happen regularly around then? 

If you can tell Optus a specific timeframe then they can tell NBN and I'd say they have a good chance of finding a cause.

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
66 Kudos
27 Kudos
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
11 Kudos