cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

NBN down again today at our office - Blackwood/Belair S.A. - no internet or landline

While we still do not have the fault from December 2017 fully resolved and that ticket is still open (as reported to us in this forum by Optus watchers) today it slowed to a crawl and eventually is close to non-existent. No office phone. Crippling, again! Anyone else having these problems? We have been requesting further info from Optus through a previous thread in this forum but haven't had any answers for over a month. Monthly accounts still keep coming though, so obviously no faults in the accounts branch.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: NBN down again today at our office - Blackwood/Belair S.A. - no internet or landline

Follow up report: Half hour convo with tech support and NBN were contacted by support during the call. Evidence of something being done by NBN as the modem lights changed indicating disconnection and re-connection twice, after which it all worked as before, but with a 10% increase in DL & UL speeds (speedtest.net) which concurred with what the Optus tech support was seeing at his end. Tech support guy was still concerned by the still very slow speeds we are getting, particularly UL, so has ordered up a replacement modem which he said we would have in 3 days, probably Tuesday/Wednesday. Left him on a good note. Half an hour later it drops out again, no phone, snail speeds. After 15 minutes I call back to Optus for another 30 minute session only to be told they can do nothing as a new modem is being sent out and we need to see if that fixes the issues. Today I get a text telling me the modem will arrive in 5 business days, Friday next week! What does our business do for phone and internet until then? If Optus really cared about customers they would get a modem to them the next day, or arrange customer to pick up at an Optus shop. Come on Optus, at least act as though you care! By the way Optus, everyone seems to have forgotten about the couple of hundred dollars we spent on a temporary fix in December/January during the last 3 week outage even though we have discussed it and sent receipts. Can some one at Optus please reply to this?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: NBN down again today at our office - Blackwood/Belair S.A. - no internet or landline

Hi @DomainBG, I have just responded to your PM about this. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos