cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN device won't connect

I got a new NBN FTTC device and it wont connect
I have tried to reset and tried other phone points in the house but still won't connect
Pls help. I can't call the 24/7 Troubleshooting help line
Thanks
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: NBN device won't connect

So do you get any indicator lights on the device at all on any of the phone ports?

Were you mailed the device or did a tech install it?

Typically the device needs to stay connected for a minimum of 10-20 minutes or so before it will connect for the first time because it has to provide power to the NBN equipment in the Telstra pit in the street.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

It was mauled to me

I have tried numerous times to leave it connected for atleast 15 - 20min before trying different options
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Enter your address here.  See if it says anything about a "service class" or status for your address .

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Pls see below

You're ready to connectContact a phone or internet provider and order an nbn™ powered plan.
Planned technologynbn™ Fibre to the Curb (FTTC)*
I can't see anything about a service class

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Michael- wrote:
I can't see anything about a service class

That's good, it means that as far as NBN Co is concerned there is no outstanding work that they need to do and you should have a viable connection.

So, as I asked before, what do the light on the FTTC box show?

Do you have any old style phone telephone wall plugs like this that you could not test because you don't have the right connection?

Do you have any line filter installed on any of the phone plugs?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

The connection light and dsl lights keep flashing
I don't have a wall plug as pictured
I don't have any filters on any of the phone plugs
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Michael- wrote:
The connection light and dsl lights keep flashing

Do you get that on all the phone port you have tried?

The lights indicate:

• Power Light – this will be solid blue when the nbn™ connection box is powered on
  • Connection Light – this will be solid blue when the nbn™ connection box is powering the nbn™ access network equipment outside your home. If the light is red, contact your phone and internet provider.
  • DSL Light – this will be solid blue when the nbn™ connection box is communicating with the nbn™ access network.
  • Local Area Network (LAN) Light – this will be solid blue or amber when the nbn™ connection box and your gateway are connected but will blink when information is being transferred between them (e.g. when you’re browsing the internet).

I would expect a minimum of the connection light to be solid. I don't know if the DSL light is supposed to be solid if Optus have not activated the line yet. As the NBN site shows "Contact a phone or internet provider and order an nbn™ powered plan" it may indicate that Optus have not activated the service yet, and they typically don't do that until after they have sent you their Modem.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors