Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
GKFF
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN constantly dropping out

Previous Optus ADSL cable customers with fast reliable internet, moved house and was forced to connect to NBN, We have been with Optus NBN for 5 months, it is the same story repeated by many on here, we had good NBN speed and reliability for the fist 2 months then the last 4 months the connection is dropping out every couple of minutes, i have not seen any responses that Optus or NBN have actually resolved the issue, only a change of service provider. I'm wanting to know if anyone actually had this issue identified and fixed by Optus/NBN satisfactorily, trying to avoid 6 weeks of loggin faults without any point, could be easier to simply move provider upfront?

6 Replies
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: NBN constantly dropping out

Heya @GKFF, if you like I can go in take a look.

I'll perform an investigation and come back to you with my findings. We can then go from there.

Can I get you to send us a private message? I'll need the following:

- Full name

- DOB

- Account number

If you have any fault reference numbers from any of the prior interactions you've had with us, send them through as well. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Dean_p
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi i had this problem where optus offered me fetch tv (streaming site) and i called them almost every day one night i called them 5 times every time the net would go down i call it through and wait... i have had 3 or 4 technitions come to my place last 1 said i have a fault 20 meters from house (ohhh loook its a service pit that he opened up and looks like it has not been toutched in 20 years) and repoted back too optus findings they had to put it back to NBN CO to resolve nothing has been done and that was about 8 months ago !! So dont expext anything to happen shortly.

GKFF
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Dan, i've PM'd you, Cheers Greg

0 Kudos
GKFF
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the heads up Dean, we can't wait 8 months so hoping its a quicker resolution for us

0 Kudos
Tony_M
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have been an Optus Customer for nearly 10 years and have been happy with the service until now.

Over the last 2-3 months I have had constant streaming and wifi issues.

Try to watch fetch and it's constantly dropping out. I mean constantly like every few minutes "internet disconnected", "Streaming Issue" then "internet Re connected" and on and on it goes. The wifi is also flaky.

I have done the "reset modem" thing plenty of times and it's still Shite. It seems to be worse at night time. There must be more Optus customers in my street now than there was and I don't like the idea of paying top dollar for my connection only to have it shared by others 

I am suspicious that Optus have wound down the bandwith in my area and possibly my modem is starting to fail.

It's the F@ST3864AC Sagemcom.

I'm paying the Top Tier bundle available and feel like I'm being taken for a ride.

I am also off contract too, so if this doesn't get sorted, I will find a better option.

Get your act together Optus, This is unacceptable in this day and age !

Leemate
New Contributor
New Contributor

The NBN is 10 years out of date..!

It all started when Malcom our previous Prime Minister, Can the fiber to the houses introduced by the Labor party at the cost of $32 billion, and decided to take Australia into the middle ages, By introducing fiber to the nodes using hold Cooper over 100 years hold.

the incmpatibility issues with fiber. now the cost escalates to $180 billions.

So if you want to blame anyone you find out the facts they are there in black and while.

So before we blame the provider's we must look at the root off the evil.

Note 🗒 this comment's are my opinion only, you need to find out your own facts.

Love Australia.

0 Kudos