Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
HollyH
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN connection

I line in a self contained flat within a house. So our landlord (upstairs) has NBN. Can we create a second connection for NBN internet? If not can what are our options?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Ness_YC

Re: NBN connection

Hi @HollyH, thank you for reaching out. If you live on the same property as your landlord with one residential address it won't be possible, unless perhaps if you have NBN FTTP. You can find out which NBN type is exists on your property on the NBN Rollout Map

Please note that where more than one dwelling is on the same property, the dwellings need to be deemed as separate dwellings meaning a rates notice is issued for each separate dwelling.

If you have any further questions, I would recommend reaching out to our Product Experts and Sales Team on 1300 417 220 (Mon - Fri: 8am - 9pm, Sat: 9am - 7pm, Sun: 9am - 6pm (AEST)) or via the My Optus App

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Ness_YC

If NBN isn't an option, I would recommend checking out our in-market 4G/5G Home Internet Plans. Our Sales Team should be able to provide you more information on your options. Good luck!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Holly_A H
From what I have read, if the property has a FTTP or HFC connection a second connection may be installed.
My understanding is if the flat is not a separate address it becomes a difficult process.
I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
AndS
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@HollyHI would check with other ISP's as Optus's response may be correct or may be what they offer only and not what NBN has available.

0 Kudos
sharonwinmar52
New Contributor
New Contributor

Want to connect to WiFi and Internet but we don't have any connections
0 Kudos
sharonwinmar52
New Contributor
New Contributor

0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Hi @sharonwinmar52, if you're looking to set up an nbn connection I recommend nbn homepage. You can search for your address there to see if nbn is available at your location yet. 

If you would then like to order an nbn service, you can reach our Sales team via our Message Us page or give them a call on 1300 047 529.