Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Haris1
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN connection

Hi, 

Last month I signed up to $60 (12 mbps) Optus NBN plan and soon realised it was not what I expected. I started to experience frequent connection drop outs and wi-fi was very slow, sometimes only 2 mbps. (I had cable connection prior to changing to NBN and I had no issues with the connection speed, getting 40 to 90 mbps). 

So 2 weeks ago I upgraded from 12 mbps plan to 25 mbps plan and Optus told me everything would be fine. With the upgrade I got higher internet speed but the issue of frequent connection drop outs continued. I called Optus technical team again this morning and I was told that the nbn connection to my house is fine and the issue is with Optus account set up. According Optus technical team though I am getting higher speeds my Optus internet account has not set up for 25mbps plan and that makes the internet connection unstable. I was not fully convinced but that was the response from the technical team. I was asked to contact Customer Service and Customer Service representative told me that my 12mbps plan will upgrade to 25mbps plan only on 10 Oct. Until that time my home phone is in 25mbps plan and internet is in 12mbps plan. That means I will continue to experience internet connection drop outs. I lost internet connection (and phone connection as well) last night and only got it back this evening around 7pm and again dropped out half an hour later. I am not confident that my internet connection issues will be solved by 10th Oct. Has anyone else had this experience? I am really frustrated. I am happy to go back to my cable broadband plan but I was told it is not allowed. I really don't know what to do. 

Resident, Cherrybrook

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: NBN connection

Hi,

If you haven't already done so, I would recommend  you to do a hard reset on your Sagem modem. Also, if you still have your Netgear cable modem, then connect the NBN box to the Wan port and see if you get a better connection/speed. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi @Haris1 - thanks for reaching out to us. It's disappointing to hear of these issues with NBN, given everything was great using Cable.
Have you been given any fault reference numbers by our faults department?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Haris1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

Yes, my fault reference number is 17241386. Also I got another ref number from customer service anaqkjz004.

I tried logon to my Optus account yesterday but couldn't do so because I didn't have internet connection. We have better internet connection today. Last 2 days was really bad. 

Regards,

0 Kudos
Haris1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have re-set the modem few times but that didn't work. I will reconnect my cable mdem tomorrow and see whether it it will improve the connection.

Regards

haris  

0 Kudos
Hannah-L
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Haris1, I've submitted a referral through to our Case Management team to take a closer look into the drop outs. They'll investigate and get in touch with you within the next 48 hours.

0 Kudos