cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Ukki
New Contributor

NBN connection

Why does it take Optus so long to connect new NBN users to the network. Is 3 weeks (and still not connected) normal.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
New Contributor minahanna
New Contributor

Re: NBN connection

I have same problem, waiting for 2 and half weeks.

0 Kudos
Contributor ivanterrible
Contributor

Lol, mine was supposed to be 4 weeks and NBN cancelled it without notice. Then i was rescheduled for another 4 weeks, that time i was almost cancelled again. Luckily the NBN techs turned up and install it.

So mine is 8 weeks in total.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Ukki
New Contributor

Looks like there are a great many issues with NBN activation, and Optus do not meet basic customer service promises of providing updates . I have now escalated to Telecommunication Industry Ombudsman. Not sure if this will have any effect though as called the black hole that is 1300300427 this morning and was advised to wait another 24 hours . Agent I spoke said they would call me back - was very surprised when I actually received a call at the allocated time.

My family and friends now await my daily update of the Optus non activity saga.

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Sorry to hear that this has been your experiences @Ukki, @minahanna and ivanterrible 😞 

You're most welcome to PM through your order details, full name, address and date of birth & I can certainly look into what's been going on for you and provide feedback about your experience. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Willo74
New Contributor

I had no internet after my connection date(15th), so I rang Optus support only to be told that the connection date is 24th. I took a day off work to be there like I was asked to. She argued that it has always been the 24th even though I had a screenshot that clearly says 15th. Who is going to pay me my lost wages. Bet Optus won't, even though they charge a fee if I wasn't there for the connection. I changed providers to go with Optus. Very disappointed already. Lucky I only have monthly contract. May just have to bite the bullet and go with Telstra.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hannah-L
RetiredModerator

Hi @Willo74, I'm sorry to hear there was some confusion around the connection date. 😞 Please feel free to reach out if you have any further queries.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Cshekhar
New Contributor

Our NBN was connected on Auguts 11. The tech said, "Wait a couple of hours, to check if all lights on NBN box are green,  then plug in the modem." Poer and Downstream solid green, Upstream flashing green and Online off. Called Optus Tech 12/8/2017. They advised that I will receiove an sms aonce the activation is completed. No SMS and NBN box still has same lights status. Had called Optuis Tech on Wednesday 16/8/2017 8:30 AM on way to work, and was advised that they need serial number and MAC ID to them. Can't understand, why they can't contact me if they need something. Whay do I have to call them. Anyway called next day on 17/8/2017 9:00 AM on way to work morning gave the numbers to them. Thery advised that it will activated in 24 hours. Still no activation.

I am really frustrated why Optus does not have a simple access to their support team. It is only customer to call them,. amd wait on the phone for hours. They are not available after hours and on weekend.

Can someone advise me what should I do ?

Can someone from Optus 

0 Kudos
New Contributor minahanna
New Contributor

I had similar issues with them, I had to wait for more than one month without any hope to fix my internet. The customer service is really bad. As you mentioned, noone is following up and contacting you to let you know what's the problem. They only care about how to get rid of your call. They give promises without bing sure about what they are talking about. I had to leave them. I'm happy with the new provider who fixed my issues with NBN in less than 2 weeks.

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

So sorry on our late reply to your post @Cshekhar, we've been a tad busy lately! I hope that since posting you've been able to get in touch with someone to help out with this?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos