Searching...

NBN connection with Optus issue - please help

[ Edited ]
Dan17

Calling any Optus reps – I'm infuriated.

I'll start off by saying that I'm in a NBN ready area on a block of 3 units, I'm unit 2. I got a hold of a really helpful Telstra tech a while back who confirmed that the lead in work and cabling had been completed to my unit and when NBN was ready so so should my unit.

Approximately a month ago now – I raised a tech support case with Optus. My Optus cable speeds went from 60 – 70 Mbps on average to at times, speeds as low as 2 – 3 Mbps.

I logged a case, a tech visited and confirmed (as expected) that due to congestion there is nothing that can be done and to call billing for compensation.

I eventually went down that path, was on chat for 2 hours and Optus came to the party. Provided me with a decent NBN deal and after confirming my address and price, the order was placed. I've started to receive emails and texts about my order and appointment.

I have now had to move my appointment due to something unexpected coming up. When located and confirming my order in their system, they've also confirmed my address.... and guess what, its wrong and I might add the deal I was promised ( i have proof via chat transcript with two different staff ) is wrong.

To fix this, they've cancelled my order – re added it and guess what my unit 2 is now not NBN ready.

I actually have no idea what to do, the deal on offer is too good to pass up with Optus and I need this escalated.

I dont know who to contact or call for assistance.

Please anyone, with any knowledge on how to get this fixed – I would be forever grateful.

Highlighted

Re: NBN connection with Optus issue - please help

Ray_YC

We’ve optimised your post to help users better understand what the topic is about and your question to be answered more clearly by the Yes Crowd community.

This is not something that can be arranged here on the forum. If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details. If not, please chat with us

If for some reason it is still not resolved, please follow our complaints process.

Let us know how you go.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
89 Kudos
54 Kudos
28 Kudos
19 Kudos
19 Kudos